Who doesn’t love a nice, all-you-can-eat (AYCE) buffet? With all foods ready for the taking and the chance to come back for seconds (or thirds), it is easy to overstuff yourself. But, with some simple tricks, you might just get your money’s worth.

Pre-Buffet

buffet

1. Stay Hydrated

Throughout the day, drink water to stretch your stomach. Just like exercising, you must stretch in order to prepare for any rigorous activity. Yes, eating can be rigorous.

2. Prepare Your Stomach

Eat a light meal before your all-you-can-eat (AYCE) meal.

3. Keep Moving

Move around or do some exercise. Lose those calories now so you can eat them back later.

At the Buffet

buffet

GIF Courtesy of giphy.com

1. Browse

Look at all the selections before eating. Don’t be overwhelmed.

2. Set a Game Plan

Plan what you want to eat before nomming on everything in sight

3. Eat Slowly

Enjoy that food. Slow eating has many benefits to the body. It allows you to be more conscious of your food and helps you avoid overeating.

4. Keep moving

Walk around for quicker digestion.

5. Eat and Repeat

And of course, end the day off with that soft-serve ice cream.

Some tips

buffet

Photo courtesy of lilikoi1213 on flickr.com

1. Avoid starting with filler foods such as pasta, bread, and rice. Go back for carbs later.

2. Prioritize the foods you do not usually eat for the beginning. Trying new foods is always fun.

3. Avoid drinking sugary drinks. Those are just extra calories you could be using for actual food.

Post-Buffet

buffet

You may be in a food coma, but just accept it. Dream about all the delicious food you just ate, and understand what foods you like for next time. No worries, you can work out tomorrow. Here are some ways to make your workout more effective.