An apple should be a quick bite, but the core really gets in the way of that. As an art student, I'm always running around, but sometimes I need a little snack to get through. Eating an apple might be healthy, but it can get a bit annoying eating around the core. Here's how to core an apple in three easy steps, using a kitchen tool that will seriously change your life. 

Step 1: Invest in an Apple Divider

Nike Garcia

At just $5, an apple divider is your best bet for a perfect core-less apple. Not only does this little contraption core the apple, but it also divides the apple into wedges. 

Step 2: Place the Apple Divider on the Apple

Nike Garcia

The picture shows this step done on a bare counter, but you might want to place some napkins underneath to catch some of the juice. 

Step 3: Push Down

Nike Garcia

This part takes some elbow grease. Using both hands press down on the handles and let the divider slide all the way down. 

Enjoy

Nike Garcia

Once the wedges are split, just pick one up and enjoy! The apple divider cuts down labor time. You can do this in the morning and pack up the small wedges into your lunch bag. Or, if you're like me you never know when an apple might come across, so you keep it in your backpack. Whatever the case, let this little device be your friend when it comes to apples (not knives) because nothing ruins food like getting cuts!