If you’re lucky enough to find yourself uphill between roughly the hours of 11 pm to 3 am after a night downtown, then you know there is only one place your body wants to take you: Frank Dining Hall. You’re *tired* and completely worn out, but thanks to the new and improved 24-hour Frank, your night is never complete with a plate full of every food Frank has to offer in the wee hours of the morning. Alas, let the Frunking begin.

The Line

Frunking

Photo by Emily Ix

Depending on what hour of the night you roll through Frank, there is a slight possibility that there could be a line of people with similar Frunking goals. Have no fear, for when there are this many *tired* students lined up, you can be sure that the dining staff will work hard to give the people what they want. Nine times out of ten, you will find this line talking to and waiting for Ed, and his world-famous burgers.

The Ed Burger

Frunking

Photo by Emily Ix

Though we can’t confirm whether or not the glory of the Ed Burger has been heard around the world, any student here at Colgate University can tell you (well, at certain stages of Frunking) that the Ed Burger is the best burger they’ve had in their life. The burger, the myth, the legend is made by Ed, a member of the dining staff and also the man, the myth, the legend. The Ed Burger can be one of many combinations, whether you just want a burger or a cheeseburger, or something as elaborate as a fried egg and bacon. Personally, I like to go for the lethal combination of bun, burger, cheese, egg, bacon, and ketchup, as pictured above. No matter who you talk to on campus, you can be assured that the Ed Burger is an absolute Frunking favorite.

Grilled Cheese

Frunking

Photo by Emily Ix

To continue with the popular theme of fried foods, I bring you Frunking’s grilled cheese. A classic that is still easy to find in Frank for even the most *tired* of folks, the grilled cheese, like the Ed Burger, can be transformed in a number of ways, like the one shown above, dressed up with some meat and ketchup.

Curly Fries

Frunking

Photo by Emily Ix

If I were to try to think of what Frunking food comes even close to the greatness of the Ed Burger, it would probably be curly fries. These are so good, many people have been known to try to walk out with the entire tray. Though I am not condoning this, I am recommending getting a plate and pouring as many curly fries onto it as you can, and then consuming them in the confines of the dining hall. Just saying.

Pizza

Frunking

Photo by Emily Ix

P-I-Z-Z-A. If you have the misfortune of not making it to Slices while downtown, Frank is willing to greet you with more pizza to round out your night. The pizza, unlike the Ed Burger, grilled cheese, and curly fries, is found on the far side of the dining hall. If you can get your *tired* self all the way over there, it is definitely worth the trip.

Waffles

Frunking

Photo by Emily Ix

For those Frunkers who are feeling extra ambitious, the waffle iron is only a bit longer of a walk past the pizza station. Waffles are also one of those magical foods at Frank that you can customize, whether with chocolate chips, fruit, or as shown above, Nutella and M&Ms. YUM.

Cereal

Frunking

Photo by Emily Ix

And, for those Frunkers feeling the least ambitious, there are plenty of cereal options. How you enjoy your cereal is up to you, and whether you eat the cereal part or just the marshmallows- yeah, that’s up to you too.

Absolutely EVERYTHING

Frunking

Photo by Haley Schaumberger

Every once in a while, you stumble across a special person who treats every Frunking experience as if it’s a ten course meal that needs to be consumed in five minutes. From cereal to chocolate chips, onion rings, chicken (disclaimer- not your usual Frunking material, but we’ll go with it), and even a personal bowl of ketchup, some people really know how to go all out in their Frunking experiences.

The Aftermath

Frunking

Photo by Emily Ix

The aftermath, a war zone, a crime scene- you can call it what you want. Frunking is truly an out-of-body experience, but even if you make a mess like the one above, remember to clean it up so the staff doesn’t have to!

As shown in many of the above photos, almost all Frunking foods go great with a glass of water or ten. No matter the evening and no matter how *tired* you are, if you are lucky, you will end up at Frank, and will get the wonderful opportunity to fill your body with the best foods Frank has to offer. Happy Frunking everybody.