Lemonade is already the perfect drink for summer: it’s tangy, sweet and quenches your thirst (for a little bit, until the sweetness has you pouring another glass). To balance out the acidity of lemonade and to make yourself feel both healthier and classier, you can add some of these fruits to your glass:

lemonade

Photo by Sam Cicatello

Strawberries add a bit of sweetness to lemonade. If you blend a few strawberries with lemonade, pour it into a glass and then drop some chopped strawberries into the drink, you have a wonderful combination of the two flavors. Strawberries have the tendency to be tangy as well, so if you can’t handle the tang, add some sugar when blending!

lemonade

Photo by Sam Cicatello

This is my favorite summer drink: watermelon, lemonade and vodka. Seriously, if you don’t make and drink this right now, there is a great chance you will die unhappy. Again, blend some of the fruit (watermelon) and some lemonade, add some vodka (you don’t have to, it’s just as delicious without) and enjoy!

lemonade

Photo by Sam Cicatello

Raspberry Lemonade. Yes. Warning: this drink is for those who can either handle or those who embrace ultimate tanginess. Truly, this drink may have you making a disgusted face at your friend while you drink it. Still, its flavor is addicting and just fine for summertime. You may want to add some sugar to this drink as well, or to grow up and eat some more raspberries with it until your face is stained red.

lemonade

Photo by Sam Cicatello

These drinks all share the same coloring, but the flavoring is ridiculously different on the sour vs. sweet spectrum. Depending on your mood and the heat, you may want to lean towards the tangy or the sweet (I go for the sweet and then add some vodka). Still, overall, adding fruit to your lemonade is never a mistake.

Like this article? Check out these related posts: