Having dinner with your best friends is always so much fun, especially after a long day of classes and professors. Yes you could always go out to eat, but instead try making a home meal together. It is so much fun and way cheaper than going out. Here is an easy family-style dinner you can make with your friends.

On the menu for tonight:

Spinach, Walnut, Feta and Strawberry Salad

Strawberry Spinach Salad

Vancouver Bites! on Flickr

Even though your parents aren't at school to nag you about eating your greens, this salad will make you want to anyways. A simple spinach salad can be made within minutes. I like to add some feta, strawberries, and walnuts to my salad. Top it all off with a Balsamic vinaigrette.

Penne a La Vodka

Penne alla Vodka

Vegan Feast Catering on Flickr

Pasta dishes are perfect to make with friends because they're so easy to make and c'mon, who doesn't love pasta? #Carbloversunite.

I like to make penne a la vodka with chicken, so I can pack in some protein. You can throw in extra chicken that you may have made during the week, or you can skip the chicken all together. 

Dessert: S'mores Dip 

Peanut Butter Cup S'mores Dip

Sam Howzit on Flickr

My favorite part of a meal! S'mores recipes remind me of roasting marshmallows during the summer with my close friends and family gathered around the fire. This dessert creates that s'mores feel, without burning down the building.

Just place chocolate on the bottom of a non-stick plan and add jumbo marshmallows on top. Place in the oven for about six minutes and take out when the marshmallows are brown on top. Let the dip cool for a couple of minutes, then use graham crackers to dig in.