At the end of a long week there is nothing like having some time for yourself. Whether that means Netflix and pizza, or candles and a good book, don’t forget to treat and take care of your body. here are five recipes for a cheap and easy night of relaxation for you or your loved ones.

1. Banana Hair Mask

We’ve all experimented with our hair color before and if you haven’t then lucky you. You don’t have to under go the damage your hair experiences after being contaminated with other chemicals. This hair mask will rejuvenate your hair and help bring back it’s glory days.

DIY Pamper NIght

Photo by Kristin Pittman

1 Banana
1/3 cup Olive oil
3 Tablespoons Vitamin e oil

• Combine both oils in one bowl
    • Peel and mash the banana into a mixing bowl
    • Add oils into mashed banana mixture and then stir until fully mixed.
    • Apply to slightly damp hair. Start at the ends and work your way up. Concentrate the product where the damage exists.
    • Leave in for 15-20 mins, then wash out with warm water.

2. Honey Avocado Face Mask

As if avocado isn’t awesome enough, now it can be used to help cure dry skin. This mask will soothe and hydrate your face giving it a completely new glow.

DIY Pamper NIght

Photo by Kristin Pittman

½ Avocado

1 egg yolk

1 Teaspoon honey

• Mash avocado into a creamy chunk free consistency
    • Crack egg and separate the yolk.
    • Apply and leave mask on for 5-10 minutes.
    •  #SpoonTip: The leftover egg whites and avocado make a great snack while you relax and wait.
    • Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.

3. Coconut Lip Scrub

I don’t know about any of you guys, but my lips suffer from extreme dehydration and become severely chapped. This scrub exfoliates and moisturizes dry lips, leaving them looking just right.

DIY Pamper NIght

Photo by Kristin Pittman

1/2 Tablespoon Sugar

1/2 Tablespoon Coconut oil

• Combine ingredients until thoroughly mixed
    • Then apply to lips and gently scrub away flaky lips.
    • Leave on for 3 minutes after scrubbing to allow the coconut oil to moisturize the lips.
DIY Pamper NIght

Photo by Kristin Pittman

4. Coffee Body Scrub

For me the scent of coffee can also be energizing. I love using this scrub in the morning to help me wake up.  This scrub exfoliates the skin and promotes circulation while leaving it soft and smooth.

½ cup of ground coffee

½ cup of brown sugar

1 cup of coconut oil

1 tablespoon of vanilla

DIY Pamper NIght

Photo by Kristin Pittman

#SpoonTip: If coffee isn’t your thing but you still want smooth nourished skin, substitute more sugar and leave out the coffee.

• Heat coconut oil slightly for a smoother consistency scrub.
    • Stir in vanilla.
    • Add coffee and brown sugar, mix until fully combined.
    • Apply gently all over. Be sure to let the coffee and sugar do the work; don’t over scrub your skin. #SpoonTip: For a more gentle exfoliate add less coffee and/or sugar.
    • Rinse off and enjoy soft smooth skin.

5. Oatmeal Bath Soak

This soak is great for dry winter skin or irritated skin. Throw in some herbs or essential oils for an aromatic component.

DIY Pamper NIght

Photo by Kristin Pittman

2 cups whole or powdered milk
3 tablespoons of honey
5 drops of vitamin E oil
1 cup of oats

•  Heat honey to better mix into the bath, then add to water.
    •  Mix in milk and oil.
    •  Place oats into a muslin cloth, stockings, or even a sock and put in bath.

#SpoonTip: you can also add essential oils into the water and herbs into the oat bag if desired to add more fragrance.

Banana Hair Mask- We've all experimented with our hair color before and if you haven't then lucky you. You don't have to under go the damage your hair experiences after being contaminated with other chemicals. This hair mask will rejuvenate your hair and help bring back it's glory days.

• Prep Time:3 minutes
  • Cook Time:
  • Total Time:3 minutes
  • Servings:1 for hair, 2 for short hair

• 1 Banana
  • 1/3 cup Olive oil
  • 3 tablespoon Vitamin e oil

• Combine both oils in one bowl
    • Peel and mash banana into a mixing bowl