"What do you want for dinner?" "No, what do you want for dinner?"  If you've been in a relationship, chances are you've experienced this banter on a multiple of occasions. Takeout might always appear to be a good option, especially if you both are always busy and on opposite schedules. However, there are tons of benefits to cooking with one another and enjoying a meal together. Here are some fresh date night dinner ideas for you to try with your significant other! 

Seafood Chorizo Paella

Paella is a traditional, Spanish dish filled with fresh seafood, rice, and pungent spices. It will warm up your soul & make your significant other swoon! 

Chicken Parmesan Casserole 

A one-pot, dump-and-bake meal? I'm in. And not just because I hate doing dishes. If you're in the mood for Italian food, try this casserole with pasta, chicken, and tons of cheese. If you don't finish it all, it makes for great leftovers over the next couple of days. 

Vegan Quinoa Stuffed Peppers

You can truly never have too many veggies! This quinoa stuffed pepper recipe is made with beans, corn, onions, and Southwestern spices. You can top them with whatever you like (including homemade guacamole and salsa)! If your significant other isn't a vegan or a vegetarian, they can surely learn to appreciate how filling a dish like this can be. 

Breakfast-for-Dinner

Nothing is more romantic than a night-in... with fuzzy socks and breakfast food involved! You can go for a savory option, such as this sausage and crescent roll bake, or a sweeter option like french toast or pancakes. Turn on a good movie, dance around in your kitchen, and enjoy the company of one another. 

Parmesan-Crusted Steak with Baked Potatoes and Roasted Veggies

As long as you have a good sheet pan, you can make this recipe in less than half an hour! Your significant other will love the flavors and textures this date night dinner provides. Want a meat-free alternative? Substitute the steak with marinated tempeh or a meat substitute. 

Oven-Roasted Salmon with a Cranberry/Asparagus/Feta Grain Salad

This recipe uses farro as the salad base, but you can substitute it for quinoa or barley if you prefer. It's a light dinner option, but still packs a ton of flavors and textures. 

Vegan Veggie Lo Mein

The flavors of takeout, made at home! You can add different proteins (which is especially valuable if one of you isn't vegan) and customize based on what's in season or in your fridge. Try adding hot sauce, fresh chopped green onions, and snap peas! 

Homemade Calzones

If you've ever tried to make pizza at home, you know the results often turn out sad and leave you wondering why you couldn't just order from your local pizzeria. Calzones almost always turn out much better and are made with the same simple ingredients! You can customize calzones based on your favorite fillings: spinach, mozzarella, tomatoes, ricotta, sausage, peppers, and more!