Tired of eating the same foods the same way over and over again? You can easily recreate your favorite foods to make something unique and different without changing the taste. Here are some ways to vamp up some classic foods that will have your friends saying, “Where has this been all my life?”

PB & J and Banana Dog

Sure, a classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich is a snack that everybody enjoys on a daily basis. However, did you ever think about combining the two on a hot dog bun with a banana? Open the hot dog bun and spread your favorite peanut butter. Peel a banana, place it in the bun and top with your favorite jam. No grill necessary for this hot dog. (Also works with Nutella!)

classic food recipes

Photo by Laura Palladino

Cereal Bars and Milk

How does one fix the dilemma of soggy cereal at the bottom of the bowl? By turning the cereal into a bar. Place your favorite cereal in a bowl with some marshmallows. Pop that in the microwave for two minutes, mix, let cool and form the cereal mixture into bars. Serve with a cold glass of milk for dipping and you have crunchy cereal to last throughout your whole breakfast.

classic food recipes

Photo by Laura Palladino

Extra Cheesy Grilled Cheese

Everybody loves the oozing, melty cheese that is stuffed inside a grilled cheese sandwich. But, you can actually increase the cheesiness by adding cheese on the outside of the bread, too. Place some shredded cheese into the hot pan and place the cheese sandwich on top. Repeat for the other side. The crisp cheese combined with the warm, gooey inside makes for the perfect bite.

classic food recipes

Photo by Laura Palladino

You may also like…
6 Ways to Eat Peanut Butter and Jelly without Bread 
3 Secrets to Making the Perfect Grilled Cheese
7 Ways to Upgrade Your Cereal