Chocolate-covered strawberries are insanely delicious, but the traditional way of dipping them into chocolate poses a few too many problems that make these delicacies less appealing to make. Not only does this hack solve the major mess problem, but it makes moving your strawberries in and out of the fridge way easier.

Solution: an ice tray… and toothpicks if you’re really not about messing up those hands.

Just fill your tray up with that heavenly melted chocolate and stick those berries in. No mess, only a tasty treat.

Why bother? Fail.

strawberries

GIF by Clarisse Callahan

Cleaning up melted chocolate is no one’s idea of a good time, so if you’re looking for chocolate strawberries without the mess, this traditional dunking method is not the way to go.

Step 1: Bring out the ice tray.

strawberries

GIF by Clarisse Callahan

If you’re really not about getting any chocolate on your hands, stick some toothpicks into the tops of the strawberries.

Step 2: Pour a healthy amount of melted chocolate into each ice cube mold.

strawberries

GIF by Clarisse Callahan

Step 3: Stick your strawberries into their chocolate bath.

strawberries

GIF by Clarisse Callahan

For faster results, stick your strawberry-filled ice tray in the freezer for a maximum of 30 minutes. If using a refrigerator, chill your strawberries for an hour.

Step 4: Winner winner chicken dinner.

strawberries

GIF by Clarisse Callahan

Take your time enjoying this chill treat you’ve created, and make sure to return any uneaten strawberries to the fridge for later.