Nowadays, amidst the crazy health-conscious world filled with kale smoothies and vegan diets, it is no surprise to me that the newest nutrient group that dieters are avoiding is dairy.

Some actually have dietary issues with dairy products that range from mild to severe, while others just want to cut it out of their diet purely because it makes them feel healthier. A cereal lover and avid coffee drinker with a mild dairy allergy myself, I present the best alternatives to cow milk:

Califia Farms Pure Vanilla Almond Milk

milk non-dairy

Photo by Lara Schwieger

With only 50 calories per serving and 3 grams of sugar, this vanilla-flavored delight is the perfect healthy way to start your day. This original flavor will soon be a staple in your diet. This company has other flavors like coconut almond milk, which is the perfect blend of two different flavors.

If you are in a rush in the morning and just want one step for your coffee, try their Café Latte iced coffee with almond milk mixed into it, which will boost your energy for the morning and tastes like a milkshake.

Rice Dream Enriched Original

milk non-dairy

Photo by Lara Schwieger

Even though we hear mostly about almond and soy milk these days, rice milk is another great dairy-free option. Not only is this product delicious, but it’s also gluten-free and contains many important vitamins.

Soy Dream Enriched Vanilla

milk non-dairy

Photo by Lara Schwieger

From the same brand that makes the rice milk, the Dream company is at it again. With 7 grams of protein, this goes great with cereal, and will without a doubt enrich the post-cereal milk taste.

Pacific Original Hemp Milk

milk non-dairy

Photo by Lara Schwieger

Full of vitamins like B12, Omega 3 and Omega 6, this nutritious alternative not only is good for you but tastes good too.

So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk

milk non-dairy

Photo by Lara Schwieger

This coconut milk, which tastes a little bit like almond milk, is again a nice substitute to regular milk. Because of the combination of tastes that the vanilla and coconut bring, it practically tastes like a dessert, but a healthy dessert. Also, a fun fact: Starbucks is now carrying coconut milk.

More on non-dairy milks: