It can be really difficult to find ways to incorporate protein into your normal diet. Protein shakes are a great way to make sure your body gets the protein that it needs to get through the day. One brand of protein shake that I love to use after workouts is Premier Protein. This protein shake is low in calories, fat, and sugar - but high in protein.

Here are 5 easy recipes to *shake* up the way you get your protein!

Abigail Langenberg

Protein Fruit Smoothie:

1 Vanilla Premier Protein shake packet

2 cups Frozen Fruit (mangos, strawberries, bananas)

Note: You can also mix different fruits depending on your taste.

1/2 cup ice

Note: With fruit, be cognizant of how much natural sugar and fat is in each fruit. Some fruits have different vitamins or nutrients for different health needs. For more in depth descriptions of those different fruit and which are best for you, click HERE.

Blend until desired consistency is met.

Note: If you eat the smoothies with a spoon, reduce the amount of ice, and trick your brain into thinking it is more than just a protein shake. This may be beneficial in beginning a meal-supplement diet.

Chocolate Protein Waffles:

1 chocolate Premier Protein shake

1 1/2 cups flour

2 tsp baking powder

3 tbs coco powder

1 tsp salt

1/2 cup milk

1 egg

4 tbs melted butter

Mix wet and dry ingredients separately.

Mix wet and dry ingredients together until the consistency of the mix is smooth and clumps are beaten out. However, be careful not to over-mix! Then pour into a waffle iron. Top with maple syrup, chocolate syrup, chocolate chips, or honey.

Mix wet and dry ingredients separately.

Protein Coffee:

2 cups of Coffee (whichever coffee flavor/brand you prefer)

1/2 Caramel, Vanilla or Chocolate Premier Protein shake

This is a very easy way to cut back on the sugar and fat you consume in normal creamers. To learn more about coffee creamer health facts click HERE.

Blend together until smooth.

Homemade Ice Cream:

3 cups ice

1 cup 2% milk

1 Premier Protein shake  (either Vanilla, Chocolate, or a mix of both)

1 cup Strawberries  

2 cup frozen Banana

Blend together frozen bananas and strawberries until a smooth, ice cream-like consistency is met. Add additional ingredients and then blend until everything is well-incorporated and smooth.

For people on a low-sugar diet or those of you who simply want to cut out some sugar from your diet, this is a perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth and still an additional protein boost.

2 cups Frozen Banana

Pool-Side Drinks:

Simply substituting alcohol for the vanilla Premier Protein shake will turn any Piña Colada or Daiquiri into a semi-healthy, after gym relaxer. You can try this recipe, replacing the rum with equal-parts Vanilla Premiere Protein

If you liked this recipe then try out this 3-Minute Peanut Butter Cup Protein Shake! Click here.