As we get older, it seemed like we all feel the need to eat the most complicated-looking food possible. This simple food is an underrated fruit that is abandoned to the side when people are looking for an easy snack to munch on. Bananas are not getting as much attention as I think they should, and it’s high time that changes.

This fruit not only provides the necessary Potassium nutrients that your body needs, but also is one that is flexible to make with a variety of other ingredients. Here are a couple that any student can do in their dorm room.

1. Chocolate Covered Bananas Slices

25965555081_368af80a61_b

This is as basic as it gets. You slice a banana, melt some chocolate, cover the banana, then toss it in the freezer. Boom. Done. Nothing more, nothing less. I wish I had started making simple snacks like this when I was a kid. It definitely would have beat eating dry crackers and grapes. It goes great with any TV show, or just something to eat when you’re bored.

2. Peanut Butter Banana Nutella Burrito

Banana

Photo courtesy of Emily Hu

I’m going to make it a little bit harder for you guys. Now you’re going to add extra ingredients that are loved by pretty much everybody: Nutella and peanut butter. This banana snack burrito is  fun to take on the go. Pack it in a box or wrap it in tinfoil for a picnic, and you’ve got the entire park wondering what you’re eating.

3. Banana Squishies

Banana

Photo courtesy of Popsugar

I admit, this one takes a little more time to do, nonetheless, it’s still worth trying. If you’re just chilling at home on a Friday, then why not smoosh some bananas with our favorite ingredient, duh, peanut butter, and spread it on some graham crackers. This time, there is that added crunch to it too. Think of it as a healthier version of a s’more.

4. Banana Cream filled Strawberries

Banana

Photo courtesy of Popsuger

Now I know some are you are probably saying, “Damn, but what if I want to include another fruit? How do I do that?” Fear not, I’ve got you covered. Combine two of the world’s greatest fruits: the strawberry and the banana. Mash up the banana with a little bit of vanilla yogurt before carving out holes in the top of strawberries. Then, you scoop a little bit of one beauty and place it in the other.

5. Chocolate Banana Popsicles

Banana

Photo by Natalie Carroll

Last, but certainly not least, is this creature. Quite similar to chocolate-covered banana slices, this snack takes it up a notch. We are going to add…wait for it….nuts. YES! Add some crushed almonds and pistachios to the outside of this chocolate covered banana. The nuts simply add their own nutty flavor, and provide the extra crunch when you bite down.

There are tons of different ways to incorporate banana into your snacks because it’s such a flexible fruit. Eat them plain, mashed, with Nutella, as a smoothie, anyway you like. I can guarantee you that it will be delicious.