In case you haven’t heard, either because you’re too caught up in the whole who bit Beyoncé drama, or you were cryogenically frozen and have just been revived back to life, but Lexie’s Restaurants are the best burger joints in the region. You don’t have to take my word for it, just refer to the over five hundred online reviews from people who have been lucky enough to take a bite out of Lexie’s and loved it. With ratings all above four stars across every social networking site, a following of over 1.3k on Instagram, and four locations in the New England region, other burger restaurants just can’t stack up.

1.) The Tantalizing Toppings

Forget about plain ketchup and mustard, you haven’t tasted the other side of burgers until you’ve tried it stacked with onion rings and hush-hush sauce, or what about pickled beets? Or chipotle aioli? The list stretches beyond your imagination, and the burger is but a canvas (a delicious canvas, at that) to the flavor combinations you can customize yourself. Make it vegetarian with the black bean patty, made in-house to satisfy everyone’s needs.

Ellen Gibbs

2.) The Locally Sourced Ingredients

Who says you can’t taste the pride in a product? Around here, you can get much more flavor than from locally sourced ingredients, especially when it’s indie craft beer from Lord Hobo Brewing Co. (Woburn, MA) roiled in a creamy, house beer cheese sauce.

Ellen Gibbs

3.) The Rotating Daily Specials

Visit every corner of the world between the beef and the bun. It’s possible at Lexie’s, who’s daily specials let your tastebuds travel to the ends of the Earth, with inspired burgers like Shepherd’s Pie where Irish stout mushroom gravy cascades over fragrant and savory truffle-parmesan, mashed spuds. Journey to the Pacific with their inspired It’s My Party & I’ll Thai If I Want To burger – spicy peanut sauce, sprinkled with the irresistible crunch of crushed peanuts, lightened up with spritzy bean sprouts and fresh scallions.

Ellen Gibbs

4.) The One-of-a-Kind Sides

Ellen Gibbs

Sure, they’re called sides but believe me, these menu items pack enough flavor to be a dish all their own. Start with Lexie’s signature bistro fries topped with salty shredded parmesan, crumbled bacon and a tangy, thyme aoili. The most recent special had cooling chimmichuri, bacon bits, and a garnish of mild, green onions. Wash it down with a thick campfire s’mores milkshake – graham cracker ice cream churned with chocolate chips, whipped marshmallow, all topped with more graham cracker chunks, and a toasted (you guessed it) marshmallow. Show your patriotism the best way possible: with a Bye Bye Miss American Pie. Standing proud among the rest is a shake made with apple pie ice cream, caramel sauce, topped with whipped cream and apple puff pastry – how bout them apples?

Ellen Gibbs

5.) The Clean and Contemporary Atmosphere

Burger joints get a bad rap as usually looking like a hot mess. The only hot mess at Lexie’s is what’s left on your plate after you’re done with your meal. Lexie’s presents an upbeat flare with a sense of pride in community. On the walls, an array of local artists’ works, at the front end of the restaurant, large windows allowing natural light to pour in, creating an open ambiance. So while there’s no guarantee you won’t get a sriracha stain on your t-shirt, rest assured that Lexie’s cares about its cleanliness.

Ellen Gibbs

Are you flipping out yet? If you’re near any of their four locations (Durham, Portsmouth, Exeter, Newburyport) head over to Lexie’s Joint for a hoppin’ good time.