Trying to kick your sugar habit? Yeah, us too. Just the thought of it makes us feel like this:

sugar

Gif courtesy of Buzzfeed.com

But since we’re not total masochists and we refuse to give up our friend’s cake and pie and live off of quinoa forever, we’re trying to find some healthier ways to indulge. We’re all in favor of having our cake and eating it too.

Plus, we’ve worked so hard to look fit and fabulous for spring break, it would be a shame to ruin that all now by stuffing our faces with refined sugar. So, we’ve partnered with our new refined sugar-free drink of choice, Bai5, to introduce you to some of our favorite replacements for the white stuff that will make ditching sugar feel like this:

sugar

1. Stevia

sugar

Photo courtesy of quickmeme.com

Stevia’s pretty much the darling of the health food world. It comes from a plant (so obviously that means it’s healthy), it has no calories and no glycemic impact. Replace your mocha frap in the morning with Bai5, which is sweetened with stevia and only has 5 calories and is full of antioxidants.

Oh, also, it tastes like actual fruit, not liquified fruit-flavored candy. It’s kind of like your own personal genie in a bottle and it’s also amazing for preventing hangovers. Drink Bai5 and your skin will glow like a pregnant woman’s and your waistline will thank you.

2. Coconut Palm Sugar

sugar

Coconut palm sugar has a low glycemic index (i.e. doesn’t cause a sugar crash) and it’s pretty nutritious. You can use coconut palm sugar in most baked goods and desserts, and it’s also a lot more environmentally-friendly than cane sugar. Look at you, getting healthy and saving the planet. Four for you, Glen Coco.

3. Raw Honey

sugar

Raw honey is basically medicine, and therefore your consumption of it is totally justified. It has loads of antibiotic, antibacterial, and antimicrobial properties so you can use it to fight off your eternal cold. Drizzle some into your oatmeal to start the day properly.

4. Molasses

sugar

Molasses is a byproduct of sugar production, and it has all the nutrients that regular sugar doesn’t. Get blackstrap molasses for an extra dose of iron and calcium, then use it to make bomb-ass gingerbread cookies or molasses cake.

5. Maple Syrup

sugar

Thank god maple syrup has immune boosting properties and antioxidants because raw honey is not gonna cut it on pancakes. Maple syrup is straight up delicious so pour it liberally on literally everything. Try it in coffee and thank me later.

Check out these other great articles for more sugar substitute info: