As kids, we coveted the times in the kitchen when we got to make sugar cookies in all our favorite shapes. Who knew that as we got older, cookie cutters could become the most versatile–and the most fun–gadgets in our kitchens.

You’ll wish that you had thought of these great ways to use your fave shapes a looooong time ago.

Touchdown Brownies

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of bettycrocker.com

When tailgating season rolls around this fall, whip up a pan of brownies and use a football-shaped cookie cutter to make these fan favorites.

Jack O’ Lantern Cheeseburgers

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of instructables.com

This one might require more of a sharp knife than a cookie cutter, but for those of you with a steady hand, melt a jack o’ lantern onto your cheeseburgers.

Homemade Goldfish Crackers

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of superhealthykids.com

You can get a 3-pack of fishy cookie cutters on Amazon and make your own Goldfish crackers with this recipe. I don’t know about you, but this is my dream come true.

New Year’s Champagne Jell-o Shots

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of thatssomichelle.com

Champagne + peach schnapps + Jell-O + star-shaped = best shot ever. When the clock strikes midnight, be dubbed this year’s Jell-O shot queen with this genius New Year’s Eve “snack.”

Christmas Morning Pancakes

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of williams-sonoma.com

What’s better than reindeer-shaped cookies on Christmas Eve? Christmas tree-shaped pancakes before you open your presents, duh. Spray the cookie cutter with non-stick spray, place it on your griddle or pan, and pour the batter into the mold for a perfect shape.

Oh, and don’t forget that when you flip it, you have to flip whole thing (cookie cutter and all).

Mozzarella-Stuffed Hearts

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of hungryhappenings.com

Impress your sweetie with these whimsical appetizers to start off your Valentine’s Day dinner.

Pie Crust Cookies

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of crepesofwrath.com

Never waste your leftover pie dough…that stuff’s the ish.

After making this pie dough recipe, cut shapes out of what’s left, brush a small amount of melted butter over the shapes, and sprinkle (liberally) with cinnamon and sugar. Bake them for about 8 to 10 minutes next to your pie. I guarantee they will all be in your tummy before your pie even comes out of the oven. YUM.

Chocolate-Dipped Rice Krispy Treats

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of momendeavors.com

Cut your pan of Rice Krispies into egg shapes, and then dunk them into melted chocolate and sprinkles for the perfect Easter dessert. This recipe is perfect for this.

Sunshine Toast

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of bhg.com

Brighten any average morning with a few slices of sunshine toast (use a sun shape just for funzies). The hard part is achieving golden brown toast, white egg whites, and a soft unbroken yolk all at once. Ree Drummond’s recipe will help you perfect this simple egg-in-a-hole.

Flower-Shaped Mini Lemon Curd Tarts

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of inspiredreamer.com

Give your tarts a fun crust by cutting a flower shape and then pressing the dough into the mold. Make multiple batches with different flavors because these are so fun and perfect for warm weather.

Shamrock Tortilla Chips

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of plus.google.com

Use spinach tortillas to make shamrock shaped (and colored) tortilla chips for St. Patrick’s Day. It’s as simple as arranging the cut-outs on a baking sheet, lightly coating them with cooking spray and sprinkling them with salt. Pop them in the oven at 350°F for 5 to 7 minutes, and then your chips are ready for these dip, salsa and guacamole recipes.

Stained Glass Cookies

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of dishmaps.com

This looks like such a pretty project and a great use of all different kinds of cookie cutters. The secret to these masterpieces is crushed, assorted fruit-flavored hard candies like Life Savers. Who would have guessed?

When you’re done, this cookie recipe could be worthy of replacing the stained glass windows in Notre Dame Cathedral.

Shaped Pepperoni

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of everydaygoodthinking.com

Nothing like elevating your faveorite pizza recipe with some shaped pepperonis… self explanatory.

Patriotic Fruit Salad

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of rainbowdelicious.com

Add patriotism to your Fourth of July fruit salad with some star-shaped watermelon, or add mozzarella stars to this pasta salad recipe.

Pumpkin Peek-A-Boo Pound Cake

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of aliciajayneflorals.com

Ummm YES. This clever idea brings a little surprise to every slice of your traditional pound cake loaf.

This recipe will walk you through the process so you end up with a yummy loaf cake drenched in a sweet brown butter pecan icing.

Outdoor Bird Feeders

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of katescreativespace.com

For those days when you’re babysitting and you’ve run out of things to do with the kids (aka every day), make these cute bird seed feeders to hang outside. All you need is bird seed, cookie cutters, boiling water, gelatin, straws, twine, and these instructions.

Cookie Cutter Pizza

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of tarasmulticulturaltable.com

The possibilities are endless with this meal. Create a mini pizza in any shape that you’re feelin’ by cutting shapes out of pre-made dough and topping it with your favorite meats, veggies and sauce. If you’re feeling ambitious and want to make your own dough, use this recipe.

Hot Chocolate Marshmallows

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of marthastewart.com

Visually, hot chocolate is boooooring. There is no better way to make it more festive than to add some snowflake marshmallows to the top. Martha Stewart teaches you how to make your own marshmallows, but I think it’s so much easier to freeze a thin layer of Cool Whip and cut your shapes when it’s frozen.

Frozen Watermelon Daiquiri Pops

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of onceuponacuttingboard.com

For those of you who celebrate Canada Day, these are just the treat to impress your party guests. The recipe is simple and everyone loves a boozy fruit pop. I think I’m going to say I’m celebrating just so I can make them… whoops, sorry ‘Murica.

Homemade Teddy Grahams

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of forkandbeans.com

If you have a serious addiction to a certain snack food, that addiction can become expensive. Use a little cookie cutter to make these homemade Teddy Grahams, and then you can feed your addiction forever.

Oh, by the way, I would suggest that you elevate these homemade grahams by making them into Teddy Graham s’mores. Why didn’t I ever think of this when I was a kid?

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of chocolatebottle.com

Homemade Doggie Treats

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of brooklynhomemaker.com

While you’re on this whole homemade cookie cutter treat kick, make a batch for your favorite pooch. This recipe calls for sweet potato and apple, but use your doggie’s favorite dog food flavors for a treat they will love you forever for.

Thanksgiving Pie Decorations

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of epicurious.com

Lattice crust is the thing for grandma’s apple pie recipe. Take the reins of pie-making duty this Thanksgiving and give your pies some flair by topping them with autumn-themed shapes.

Homemade Dino Nuggets

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of newyorkfamily.com

Okay, this is the ultimate throwback to childhood (or for me, last week). I think it’s worth it to find yourself some dinosaur shaped cookie cutters just so you can say you’ve made your own dino nuggets.

Cheese and Crackers

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of blog.dollhousebakeshoppe.com

Depending on the occasion, cut your slices of cheese into fun shapes so your guests can make their own cheese-sterpiece.

Edible Spoons

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of pepperscatering.com

An upscale catering business perfected the edible spoon, but they are simple enough to make at home with a spoon shaped cookie cutter and a spoon mold. Follow these instructions so you can have your spoon and eat it too.

The Perfect Mini Funnel Cake

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of taylortakesataste.com

This picture is pretty self-explanatory and is such a great idea; too bad I didn’t think of it first. Get the taste of summer fair food right in your kitchen with this batter, oil, and a circle shaped cookie cutter.

Shaped Sugar Cubes

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of eatknitanddiy.com

Sugar, water and food coloring will get you some adorable shaped sugar cubes to make your morning tea or coffee a little more exciting. When notoriously boring Monday rolls around, you’ll be thanking yourself that you followed this sugar cube recipe over the weekend.

Cheese and Carrot Coins

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of eats amazing.co.uk

These coins are a great healthy snack for your walk to class or a mid-day snack at your internship. Cut out a shape from the middle of a carrot slice, cut the same shape from a piece of cheese and put them together. What a cute way to nourish yourself.

Edible Peppermint Ornaments

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Make an inexpensive craft with classic peppermint candies and you’ll have something that is both useable and edible. Spend an afternoon following this recipe and you’ll end up with a special ornament to dress up your tree during the holidays.

Open-Faced Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of tikkido.com

How. Cute.

These sophisticated sandwiches will bring light to any Mother’s Day, birthday or tea party with little flower shaped-cucumbers on top of a slice of french bread and herbed cream cheese.

Mini Ice Cream Cakes

cookie cutters

Photo courtesy of dryers.com

The fact that you can make this dessert into shapes is only an added bonus, because I think I could eat it out of the pan with a spoon.

Just spread a layer of Chocolate ice cream in a pan, top it with crumbled cookies and a layer of Chocolate chip ice cream, re-freeze, and then use fun-shaped cookie cutters for individual cakes.