Is anyone else sick of buying a fancy face mask from that super-hip skincare company and finding that it burns your face, leaving you a hideous red-faced mess?

Well friends, if this is the case for you, your suffering ends today. I present to you: all-natural, 3-ingredient face masks that work wonders without breaking the bank or damaging your lovely face. An added bonus: all of these ingredients can easily be found in a college dining hall. If you are interested in combining your love of food and soft skin, these might just change your life.

Milk, Honey and Nutmeg

face masks

Photo by Rebecca Sather Jenkins

This mask smells so good. Not only does milk cleanse and moisturize the skin, the enzymes in milk help us to shed dead skin cells, leaving some seriously smooth skin as a result. The honey will help banish blemishes and the nutmeg in this mask is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties to clear your skin. It also acts as a gentle exfoliant, waking up dead skin cells (like the milk). For my mixture, I combined 1/8 cup milk, 1 tablespoon nutmeg and 2 tablespoons honey.

Banana, Honey and Lemon

face masks

Photo by Rebecca Sather Jenkins

Banana offers a million and one benefits for your skin. Packed with antioxidants and moisture, using it on your skin will nourish, smoothen and protect you from premature aging. Raw honey is even anti-bacterial (stress zits, be gone).

Like our friendly pal banana, honey is also loaded with antioxidants to give a natural glow. The lemon adds some more anti-bacterial properties, as well as brightening and clarifying the skin of any dark spots or pigmentation.

#SpoonTip: You’ll probably want a headband for this one. If you get it stuck in your hair, it may take a few rinses to get it out

For my mix, I used one small banana, 2 tablespoons honey and a good squeeze of lemon. I also added some oats to soothe my (extremely) tired skin.

Egg White, Honey and Lemon

face masks

Photo by Rebecca Sather Jenkins

The fab duo reunite, this time featuring an egg white. Egg whites have been used for years and years to treat the skin; the Ancient Egyptians used egg whites in their beauty regimes. Rich in protein, egg whites have toning properties that clarify the skin. They also tighten large pores (aka I have found my savior).

Our trusty comrades honey and lemon work together to clarify, brighten and revitalize the skin. This mask was my personal favorite, once I washed it off, my skin instantly felt much smoother. My mixture was made up of one egg white, 2 tablespoons honey and a good squeeze of lemon.