Did you spend all your money on beer on Friday? Did you accidentally promise to host a dinner party when running into you old friends in the line for the bathroom? Did you mistake the €5 in your bank account for €50, wrongly thinking you were a rich man?

Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.

We’re talking about €5 meals for all your friends.

Cook for all your friends

Photo courtesy of tumblr.com

As college students, we don’t always make the smartest decisions, especially when it comes to money. But just because your monthly allowance was blown off within the first two weeks does not mean your meal plan has to suffer. Here are 15 budget-friendly recipes for those desperate times, or if you’re financially savvy, cook these up to help you save for the more important things in life (shot rounds for everyone amirite?).

1. Jamie Oliver’s Broccoli and Pesto Pasta 

Cook for all your friends

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Pesto pasta is commonly seen on students’ meal plans because it’s budget-friendly and time-saving. Pair this dish up with broccoli for some extra taste and nutrition.

Although Jamie Oliver recommends tagliatelle, most pasta types will suffice.

What are the costs? 

Pasta (€1) + Broccoli (80¢) + Pesto (€1) + Potato (20¢) + Parmesan (€2) = €5

2. Lentil Chili

Cook for all your friends

Photo courtesy of Katya on littlebroken.com

Have some left over bread or tortilla chips? Want to save dishes? You’re in luck because this recipe only requires one bowl – an easy vegetarian meal for all of your friends to share.

What are the costs? 

Onion (40¢)+ Bell Pepper (80¢) + Brown Lentils (€1) + Diced Tomatoes (80¢) + Garlic (30¢) + Cilantro (€1.40) = €4.40

3. Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Cook for all your friends

Photo courtesy of greatist.com

This healthy alternative to regular pizza is not only delicious, but also super convenient and easy for your gluten-sensitive mates. Feeling fancy? Add some vegetables or chicken for your toppings.

What are the costs? 

Cauliflower (€2) + Yoghurt (80¢) + Egg (20¢) + Marinara Sauce (€1.50) + Mozzarella (90¢)  = €5.40

4. Spinach Artichoke and Brie Crêpes

Cook for all your friends

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Chocolate crêpes never disappoint, but why not turn this sweet food into a savoury one? Out with the Nutella and in with the cheese and vegetables!

What are the costs?

Eggs (40¢) + Milk (40¢) + Flour (30¢) + Butter (30¢) + Spinach (€1) + Artichoke Hearts (€1.50) + Brie (€1.50) = €5.10

5. Lemony Lentil and Chickpea Salad with Radish and Herbs

Cook for all your friends

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

This is the ideal recipe for the quick meal. Most of the ingredients are canned, meaning less cutting (and more time to eat).

What are the costs?

Radishes (85¢) + Chickpeas (€1) + Lentils (€1) + Cottage Cheese (€1.35) + Herbs (€1) = €5.25

6. Wild Rice and Veggie-Stuffed Pepper

Cook for all your friends

Photo by Megan Prendergast

Vegetables are even more delicious when used as bowls. Find out how to make this here.

What are the costs?

Bell Peppers (€2) + Rice (86¢) + Tomatoes (50¢) + Black Beans (€1.19) = €4.55

7. Shakshuka

Cook for all your friends

Photo by Ashley Manning

There are so many reasons for why you should always be making Shakshuka. Check out the recipe here and impress others by showing off your excellent and diverse cooking skills.

What are the costs?

Bell Pepper (80¢) + Diced Tomatoes (€1.42) + Tomato Paste (30¢) + Eggs (€1.39) = €3.91*

* = the price will be higher if you do not own the suggested spices

8. Chickpea, Sweet Potato and Apple Farro Salad

Cook for all your friends

Photo by Katherine Baker

Avoid the afternoon slump by having this bowl for your next lunch.

What are the costs?

Farro (€1.99) + Sweet Potato (40¢) + Arugula (€1) + Apple (40¢) +Chickpeas (72¢) + Lemon (40¢) = €4.91

9. Quinoa Salad with Roasted Beets and Pear

Cook for all your friends

Photo courtesy of Food52

Those beautiful deep reds are too hard to resist. Learn how to make it here.

What are the costs?

Quinoa (€1.50) + Beets (€1) + Walnuts (€1.25) + Pear (40¢) + Feta (80¢) = €4.95

10. Spaghetti Aglio, Olio & Spring Greens

Cook for all your friends

Photo courtesy of jamieoliver.com

A 5-star meal for only 5 euros. Check out the recipe here.

What are the costs?

Spaghetti (70¢) + Chilli Pepper (50¢) + Lemon (40¢) + Spring Greens (€1.50) + Parmesan (€2) = €5.10

11. Vegan Curried Butternut Squash Soup

Cook for all your friends

Photo by Sarah Silbiger

The only way you could go over budget with this is when you realize how delicious it is and you’ll be craving for more. Get the recipe here.

What are the costs?

Shallots (40¢) + Butternut Squash (€1.50) + Coconut Milk (73¢) + Maple Syrup (€1) + Coconut Oil (50¢) = €4.13

12. Spinach & Tortellini Soup

Cook for all your friends

Photo courtesy of jamieoliver.com

So little ingredients, but so much value. Find out how to make it here.

What are the costs?

Tortellini (€2.36) + Peas (40¢) + Spinach (€1) + Bay Leaves (€1) = €4.76

13. Super Food Noodle Salad

Cook for all your friends

Photo courtesy of jamieoliver.com

A meal with superfoods that won’t break the bank. Make this now.

What are the costs?

Rice Noodles (€1.79) + Broccoli (80¢) + Peas (20¢) + Edamame (€1) + Sesame Seeds (50¢) + Ginger (20¢) + Lime (50¢) + Spring Onions (69¢) = €5.68

14. Socca Pancakes With Broccoli & Cheese

Cook for all your friends

Photo courtesy of jamieoliver.com

Who needs to go out for brunch when you can make this yourself?

What are the costs?

Chickpea Flour (€1) + Broccoli (80¢) + Lemon (40¢) + Goat’s Cheese (€1.50) + Parmesan (€1) + Parsley (€1)= €5.70

15. Tacu Tacu

Cook for all your friends

Photo courtesy of jamieoliver.com

Fun to say, even more fun to eat. Make this lovely Peruvian dish now.

What are the costs?

Plantain (€1) + Haricot Beans (€1.50) + Rice (€1) + Eggs (€1) ¢= €4.50