When you don’t know what you’re going to get at Rastall meal to meal, you can’t help but feel at least a little comfort that you can always expect that your nine favorite cereals will be there for you. And you should, cereal was probably one of the United States’ finest inventions. But if you are picking one cereal, pouring it into your bowl, and eating it with plain skim milk, you are doing it so wrong.

So let’s start with the basics of how you could make your cereal remotely more interesting and then we can get more complicated from there.

Here are 12 ways to change it up:

1. The Cereal Sundae

cereal

Photo by Maria Cortner

There are nine different cereals! Why would you just put one in your bowl when you could comfortably fit six? If you’re a plain cereal kind of kid: Raisin Bran, Corn Flakes, Cheerios, Granola, and Crispix. Honestly, while you’re at it though, throw in some Cinnamon Toast Crunch. If you don’t give a shit just put them all in, I dare you.

2. Rastall’s Chunky Monkey

cereal

Photo by Maria Cortner

You love the smoothie at Colorado Coffee, but you’re also looking for something a little crunchy. Don’t worry, there’s a simple solution. Step one: put granola in bowl. Step two: mix with peanut butter. Step three: add banana yogurt. If there isn’t banana yogurt (you should probably go get some at the market) plain yogurt is perfectly acceptable.

3. Chex Mix

cereal

Photo by Maria Cortner

Mix Rice Chex, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and granola with peanut butter and add vanilla almond milk. I promise this feels like dessert.

4. Crunchy Oatmeal

cereal

Photo by Maria Cortner

You want to eat oatmeal for breakfast, but you’re not satisfied with the lack of crunch? Try adding granola.

5. Toasted & Loaded

cereal

Photo by Maria Cortner

If you’re going to the toaster anyway to make some peanut butter and/or Nutella toast, I know this is might sound like a stretch, but try topping it off with any of the following: oatmeal, almonds, bananas, or granola.

6. Cinnamon Toast Cone

cereal

photo by Maria Cortner

This is literally an ice cream cone dipped in Cinnamon Toast Crunch. It takes more effort walking from one end of the dinning hall to the other than it does to make this. Don’t worry, I’ll walk you through how to make it anyway. Get a cone, fill it with ice cream, and dip it in bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I think you can handle it.

7. Twisted Chipwich

cereal

Photo by Maria Cortner

Chocolate chip ice cream cookie sandwiches should always be taken seriously. So why not add some Nutella and granola onto the cookie before you add the ice cream?

8. Apple Pie Crunch

cereal

Photo by Maria Cortner

Take a slice of apple, add peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon (if you are trying to make this at lunch or dinner, unfortunately you’ll have to skip the cinnamon), and top it off with Cinnamon Toast Crunch. If you’re thinking there is no way this could taste even close to apple pie, try it and then let me know.

9. Fruit Loop Waffles

cereal

Photo by Maria Cortner

Okay, you have two directions you could go with this one. You can either start off bold and mix the Fruit Loops into the batter before you make the waffle. Or you can sprinkle the Fruit Loops on top with the whipped cream. My recommendation: just take a risk and do them both.

10. Nutella Granola Cone

cereal

Photo by Maria Cortner

Spread Nutella all around the inside of an ice cream cone, sprinkle granola in it, and then add the ice cream.

11. Captain Crunch Shortcake

cereal

Photo by Maria Cortner

Captain Crunch, whipped cream, strawberries, repeat.

12. PB & B Crunch

cereal

Photo by Maria Cortner

If you grew up with a banana with peanut butter as a diet staple, did you ever wonder why you stopped there? After you spread the peanut butter on the banana, sprinkle on some Captain Crunch.