These days, it seems like any food can be subbed for anything. Black beans in brownies? Yup. Peas as milk? You betcha. Spaghetti squash can be pasta? 100%. And now, get ready to meet a new food substitute: Aquafaba. Aquafaba is the liquid inside the can of chickpeas and is commonly used in vegan baked goods as a substitute for egg whites. So, if you’re curious about cooking with aquafaba, here are 10 recipes to get you started.   

1. Aquafaba Granola

In my opinion, granola is a great go-to breakfast to have on hand. It's easy, super versatile, and always hits the spot. So, if you want to upgrade your granola and make it ~crispier~ check out this aquafaba granola. Get the recipe here.

2. Aquafaba Coffee Ice Cream 

In my opinion, coffee is one of the best ice cream flavors (tbh, maybe it's only because I'm obsessed with coffee). If you also love coffee ice cream, check out this recipe that uses aquafaba to make it suuuuper creamy and fluffy. Get the recipe here.

3. Aquafaba Vanilla Macarons 

Generally speaking, macarons are more of an ~extensive~ baking project and require lots of time and energy. So, if you're an ambitious baker (or just want to try a new and exciting recipe), check out these vegan vanilla macarons that use aquafaba instead of egg whites. Get the recipe here.

4. Chocolate Mousse

With only 3 ingredients, this delicious chocolate mousse might be the easiest dessert ever. Even though chocolate mousse is already a relatively airy and fluffy dessert, the aquafaba takes it to a whole different level. Get the recipe here.

5. Aquafaba Brownies

As delicious as homemade brownies are, they can be challenging to get exactly right. TBH, I find it really hard to find a good recipe that's ~exactly~ right. Well, if you're looking for the perfect brownies, look no further. These brownies use aquafaba to get a deliciously fudgy consistency. Get the recipe here.

6. Aquafaba Meringues

Although meringues can be ~challening~ at times, this recipe only calls for three ingredients. So, if you’ve got some time and your hands and want to make delicious vegan meringues, give these a try. Get the recipe here

7. Cinnamon Rolls

TBH, I think that cinnamon rolls are one of the best desserts out there (and one of the best breakfasts, too). These vegan cinnamon rolls use aquafaba to make the rolls nice and fluffy and only take one hour. Get the recipe here.

8. Aquafaba Doughnuts

These delicious doughnuts just ~happen~ to be vegan and use aquafaba instead of egg whites to get the perfect fluffy consistency. Make sure you check out these a-glaze-ing doughnuts (pun intended). Get the recipe here.

Enjoy!