It’s day seven and parting is such sweet sorrow. The first JMU Butt Challenge has been the thrill of my short career.

beans, beer, espresso, tea, coffee
Shannon Daly

Deciding what exercise to do for the final push was tough. So, I sought inspiration from the conclusion of any great performance, and decided to end with something dainty. Toe taps.

The Exercise: 

Personally, I’m a big fan of any exercise you can do on your back. It almost feels like taking a nap, but with a little extra something to take the guilt away. The bonus with this exercise? It also gives your abs a nice blast. You can thank me (and cosmo) later.

beans, espresso, tea, coffee
Shannon Daly

Here’s the scoop on how to do the move.

How It's Done:

Lie on your back (yas) with your hands on the ground alongside of you. Bend and lift your legs sending your knees to a 90-degree angle and your lower legs parallel with the floor.

cake, beer, tea, coffee
Shannon Daly

Slowly tap your left foot towards the ground and pull it back up to starting position engaging your abdominals and squeezing the glutes.

beans, beer, tea, coffee
Shannon Daly

Repeat it with the right foot and complete 15 taps on each side. Take a rest and repeat one more time. 

Dukes, it has been an honor and a privilege to share this week with you all. My wish for all your future endeavors is that your booty is toned and your head held high. Now go slay the rest of the semester. 

tea, cake, pizza, beer
Shannon Daly