Hey JMU, it’s day three and by now you know the drill. So let’s hop to it. Time to get our sweat on at Hillside, anything other than Chillside. Today we’re doing lunges. And both your butt and thighs will be feeling it. 

Shannon Daly

Lunges are choice because they both strengthen the muscles, and sculpt them. Additionally, the exercise can be elevated with the incorporation of body weights. I like to use 8-10 pound hand weights when I dip down. It seems like just enough to give you that extra work. 

The Exercise: 

Let’s stick with three sets of ten. As I already mentioned, I’m just a girl with a dream here, not a fitness professional. So let’s Buffalo Wild Wing this thing together.

How It's Done:

If you’ve never done a lunge, here’s the break down. Keep your upper body straight and release the tension in your shoulders and neck.

beer
Shannon Daly

Step forward with your first leg until your knee creates a 90-degree angle. Don’t let your knee go any further than your ankle. Hold that position for a second before engaging your muscles and pushing back to the starting position.

beer
Shannon Daly

Repeat the process with both legs. Unless you just want to do one side, but that would just feel gross and uneven.

cake
Shannon Daly

Keep slaying—until tomorrow.