Yoga is a great way for people of all fitness levels to stay physically and mentally healthy. It comes in many forms, ranging from slow and gentle to brisk and intense, making it a great addition to any lifestyle. Starting your yoga practice, however, can be daunting and expensive. Trying to find the time and the money to take classes can seem like enough to crush your yogi dreams. 

Enter YouTube yoga: the simplest and cheapest way to start and maintain a healthy yoga practice. There are several great channels worth following that feature videos varying greatly in length, difficulty, and mood. Whether you need a quick stress fix or an intense strengthening work out, you will find exactly what you're looking for on one of these yoga Youtube channels.

Yoga With Adriene

Yoga with Adriene was my first YouTube yoga channel discovery, and remains to be one of my favorites. Adriene fills her videos with jokes, motivational mantras, and comforting reminders that can turn a terrible day into a great one.

Her videos range from 10 minutes to an hour and each have unique purposes, including Runner's YogaYoga to Calm your Nerves, and 7 Minute Yoga Boost.

Five Parks Yoga

Many of the videos on Five Parks Yoga take place among the wildlife of places like Nicaragua and Costa Rica, and feature Hatha yoga instructor, Erin Sampson. If you are looking for an intense and more advanced yoga experience made even better by the sights and sounds of nature, give this channel a try. 

Yoga Journal

Yoga journal is a great resource for learning new postures, balancing poses, and different styles of yoga. It is created by a group of yoga experts and includes videos ranging from yoga basics to meditation.

Yoga With Tim

Yoga With Tim is a very balanced channel full of all the best parts of yoga. If you are looking to relax and restore, break a sweat, or even learn to do a handstand, this channel has just what you need, and Tim's positive attitude will keep you motivated through each video.

chocolate, coffee, beer
Amber Wolf

Yoga is a great way to maintain fitness, reduce stress, and become energized. These YouTube channels make it possible for you to practice anywhere and at any time for free. So, clear some space in your room, roll out your yoga mat, and scroll through these videos to find exactly what you need today.