Anxiety is no friend of mine and I'm sure no friend of yours, either. A characteristic of anxiety is the need to fidget – obsessive pen-clicking, leg shaking, feet tapping, the whole enchilada. It can get pretty overbearing sometimes, especially in the midst of a long commute, lecture, family event, or even when you're in bed and you can't fall asleep. Finding ways to relieve your stress can be difficult, and a little overwhelming. That's why there's something called the Fidget Cube.

Where Did These Come From?

Fidget Cubes were made from a Kickstarter campaign back in August of 2016. Originally, the creators set a goal of $15,000, but with the help of backers, they managed the make over 2 million dollars in less than a week. Now, there are over 150,000 backers and close to 6.5 million dollars pledged. Impressive, right?

They come in eight different appealing colors: die, graphite, aqua, sunset, berry, fresh and retro. The price is $22.00 ($25.00 regularly, but there's a sale on!) per cube, but don't let that dissuade you from buying one. These teeny-tiny toys are the best investment you'll make in a while.

Why Are They So Popular?

There's a reason everyone is going nuts for these: the fidget cube is an anxiety-buster, with each side giving you something to keep your jittery hands busy. There are clickable buttons, a movable joystick, a spinning dial, rolling gears, a rubbing surface, and a flickable switch.

"Fidgeting is often labeled as unprofessional and deemed as anti-intellectual behavior," say the creators Matthew and Mark McLachlan, "This behavior isn't one that should continue to be stigmatized and mocked as unbecoming or inappropriate." 

They wanted to create a small, simple device that's accessible and fits easily in your pocket. The cube's different features are perfect for when your anxiety starts to act up, you feel panic rising in your chest, or you simply can't sit still. No matter where you are or what you're doing, it'll be there to relax your nerves. 

Where Can I Get One?

The official site to order them is here, and you can go ahead and place your pre-order. It'll ship early to mid-March, but it could be a little while before you receive yours, because of the amount of cubes that have been ordered. These little guys have been quite a sensation, and for good reason. Go on, spend a little of your paycheck on the Fidget Cube – it'll be well worth it.