Its almost Christmas time and I can hear the sleigh bells ringing already! But, if we keep munching on those candy treats and late night pepperoni pizza leftovers, squeezing into our favorite holiday dresses and body-cons would be the worst nightmare! Ever! So, don't you worry! Cause we have a healthy quick fix for all the growling tummies out there. According to recent studies, one of the most well-known health benefits of spicy food is its ability to boost your metabolism and help burn those extra oodles of flab. So, what are you waiting for? Let's Binge eat some Spicy Mint and tomato rice !

Prep Time  :  15 minutes

Cook Time :  15 minutes

Total Time  :  30 minutes

Serving       :  4  

1 Large Tomato

1 1/2 Cup Rice

1 tbsp Red Chilly Powder

1/2 Cup chopped Mint Leaves

1/2 Cup chopped Cilantro

2 Eggs

Salt to taste

STEP 1

Boil rice according to the package directions.

STEP 2

Beat eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl. Heat Butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat until hot and pour in the mixture. As the eggs begin to set, pull the egg mixture across the pan with a wooden spoon, and cook until golden. Your scrambled eggs are ready!

Megna Santhosh

STEP 3

Chop the Onion length wise and  the tomato into small dices. Shred the Cilantro and mint leaves. Save some for garnishing

Megna Santhosh

STEP 4

Saute the Onions over medium heat until translucent. Simmer down the flame and add Red chilly powder. Season with salt. Once the raw smell of the chilly powder diffuses, add diced tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes soften. Add scrambled eggs, mint leaves, cilantro and stir well. 

Megna Santhosh

STEP 5

Add boiled rice and mix well. Wa-lah! Your Spicy Mint and Tomato rice is ready! Garnish with fresh mint leaves and cilantro or you could top it off by mastering the art of tomato roses to doll up your dish.

Megna Santhosh

It's the perfect Comfort food this holiday season. Serve Hot. Will melt your heart away :)