Netflix is well known for having popular original televisions shows such as Kimmy Schmidt, Bloodlines, and Orange is the New Black. The company scored another hit after releasing Thirteen Reasons Why. Despite the show's controversy, this raw and glittery series hit its target perfectly.

The controversy surrounding the show shouldn't come as a surprise. Suicide is a tough topic to handle, but it's something everyone needs to be aware of. The brutality of the final episode is to show that suicide is not an easy thing to do. To some, Hannah's situation wasn't that bad, but it doesn't matter what the situation is it's how the person handles it.

Whenever someone commits suicide, there always seems to be an another party responsible. In Thirteen Reasons Why most of the characters aren't one-dimensional, they're not pure evil. Each character either has a secret to hide or has been hurt too. Giving the character more depth makes them human.

One more thing to note, just because this show is on Netflix does not mean it's for everyone, hence the R rating. This show is not intended for elementary and middle schoolers, so there is no reason for people to be offended when it's not for the specific viewing audience.

Whether you understand Hannah or not the fact remains, she didn't deserve what happened to her. It doesn't matter what the situation is, it's how the person handles it.

If you need to talk or someone you know is experiencing suicidal thought, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 or text the Crisis Text Live at 741-741.