Breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day. Whether it's a savory egg dish or something sweet like french toast, I am always game for breakfast food. However, I usually end up feeling a little guilty after starting my day off with a meal that is high in calories, sugar, or fat. I tried to experiment with lighter dishes, but I was never left filled or satisfied. It seemed like nothing could conquer my breakfast cravings in a healthy but still flavorful way.

Lucky for me though, I finally found that perfect combination through working with The Kansas City Dietitian. Bethany Frazier is the dietitian/mastermind behind the website and these protein packed pancakes that I have fallen in love with. These pancakes are simple and quick to make, while also being sweet and filling.

The pancakes alone are close to perfection, but adding your favorite toppings makes them even better. You could go for the classic chocolate chip pancake, add fresh berries, or even pair the pancakes with your favorite jelly and Greek yogurt.

The hunt for a satisfying yet healthy breakfast is over, and here is how you make it.

Protein Pancakes

• Prep Time:3 secs
  • Cook Time:5 secs
  • Total Time:8 secs

• 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup cottage cheese
  • 2 eggs or 4 egg whites
  • 1 tbs cinnamon
  • 1 tbs vanilla
  • 1-2 tbs flax seed optional
sweet, french toast, peanut, peanut butter, butter, pancake, maple syrup, syrup, banana
Abbi Brown

Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until well combined. The batter should resemble a typical pancake batter, but if it seems to thick just add a little milk or water.

milk, coffee, chocolate
    Abbi Brown

Once the pancake mixture is well combined, pour the batter on a pan or skillet to form the pancakes. It's time to flip once small bubbles appear on the surface of each pancake.

cereal, flour, bread, wheat
    Abbi Brown

Top pancakes with your favorite toppings and dig in. My favorite toppings for these pancakes are bananas, a drizzle of peanut butter, and maple syrup.

cinnamon, peanut butter, peanut, honey, oatmeal, butter, pancake, maple syrup, syrup, banana
    Abbi Brown