Ready to feel refreshed and relaxed? Well, so am I. Being a college student is tough. 

Stress can really get to us at times. When our body stresses out, it weakens our immune system. But taking even just 10 minutes for yourself, it’ll do wonders on your body and mind.

With this current semester, I’ve had some stress that I needed to alleviate. I just needed to get everything off my chest and have a weight lifted off my shoulders. Taking 5 classes seems to be a lot to handle. I'm also working as a peer mentor which can sometimes be overwhelming as well. Learning how to manage my time wisely and keep my stress levels low would definitely help in working towards a better and happier future. 

After having a lot on my plate with so many things to do in a short amount of time, it’s great to find some time for myself. Some days, time flies by with a blink of an eye. Other days, minutes feel like hours every time we stare at the clock. I understand that feeling all quite well. I'm surprised that I've managed to go about my day and have some things planned out where I don't need to stress. Because nowadays, with school and work, life seems to be a fast roller coaster. 

1. Watch Your Favorite TV Show or Movie

popcorn, chocolate
Andrea Leelike

When I know I feel stressed or on the verge of being overwhelmed, I sit in front of the TV and watch my favorite show or movie on Netflix. Recently, I’ve been into Once Upon A TimeJust saying, I’m really OBSESSED with it. It’s such a complicated and interesting show that makes me just want to be part of that world and forget about all of those finals that I still have to take. Other times if I don't feel like watching this show, I'll put on a movie that I've seen 100 times. Nothing wrong with that right? No more stress for the night till tomorrow morning. Feel refreshed and relaxed at last.

2. Get Yourself Some Coffee or Tea

ice, coffee, tea, milk, cream
Alex Frank

I have to have at least 2 cups of coffee a day. Once I drink my coffee, I know that I'm ready to conquer the day and all of the work that comes with it. While classes are going on and have a pile of homework to get through, making myself a cup of coffee gives me a sense of warmth and relaxation. Even just taking a few sips and I already feel calm which means that I know that I can get through my work without breaking a sweat. 

3. Put On Headphones & Jam Out 

cardio, Exercising, Work Out, exercise, motivation, gym, IPhone, earphones, music, phone, Sneakers, fitness
Denise Uy

Have a favorite song stuck in your head? I've found that listening to music calms my nerves. When I walk home from the train station, I always have my headphones in and tune into music on Spotify. Even just by listening to a couple of my favorite songs, I already feel better and don't want to think about anything else.

4. Night Out On The Town

coffee, tea
Anabelle Torres

On days where you don't have a lot to do or just want to hangout with friends, going into the city may be a well-deserved treat. Take a stroll in the park, walk to a coffee shop, grab some street food from a food truck (heard those are big right now). Hanging out in the city sounds like a relaxing activity to be in the moment and focus on just you. So why not go out for lunch with a friend then grab some bubble tea? Sounds pretty awesome to me, just saying.

5.  Get A Full Night's Sleep

coffee, date
Rebecca Block

As a student, I understand what it's like to stay up late working on projects before the deadlines arrive. From some of my friends, I heard that they don't get enough sleep because of all of the things that they have to do. Going to bed early can remove all of that anxiety. Do what needs to get done then head to bed a time when you can feel refreshed. Maybe it's going to bed at 10pm or earlier. Sleep is important in our lives and we can't get it back even though we say that we can. According to an article from Scientific American, you can catch up on sleep by sleeping for an extra hour or two at night. This is perfect for someone who really needs to relax and rejuvenate. But really take the time to get some sleep and rest. Your brain needs some rest once and awhile. Sleep and wake up feeling like you can get through the day and have your morning coffee (or a few cups). You'll notice the difference when you wake up and smell the coffee.

At the end of the day, we may think we can do everything at once with all of these deadlines. But it's good to take some time for ourselves to feel refreshed and relaxed, while noticing when our bodies tell us that it's time to cool down. Remember to take the time to get what you need to get done, then start to breathe and tell yourself that things will get better. You can do this. One step at a time. One day at a time. And as I say, "another day, another coffee".