For the past few years, the media has been dropping hints that Ed Sheeran was upset with his body image. Back in 2015, circa award season, Ed Sheeran was quoted by The Sun that he once tried on a girdle for an award show to make his waist smaller. As we've said before, we're down with celebrities forgoing the corset, accepting their already epic selves and doing what they do best. And in Ed Sheeran's case, it's making your panties drop after singing a few lines (sexuality aside). But an even earlier statement on The Hits Radio made this seem even more real. He said on air, “I was never really happy with my image and then I realized it was because I was eating fried food and drinking beer every day.” But that was 2014. Welcome to 2017, and enter: Ed Sheeran Shape of You music video.

gif
via giphy

Ed Sheeran Squares Off

The lively vid is filled with Ed being flirty as hell and right hooks. He works up quite a sweat with his co-star, Jennie Pegouskie, who was also on tour with my personal favorite red-head singer, Macklemore. Sorry, Ed.

Regardless, my favorite part about music written by artists who are pretty open with where they draw inspiration from is figuring out what or who they're talking about. And just like the allegations about his song "Don't" and Ellie Goulding, I have heard many of my friends and various websites suggest the song was about Rhianna. But if you scroll a little more on Google, though, the song actually was initially intended for Rhianna to sing. We see you, Bad Girl.

gif
gif via giphy

Although I won't give everything away about the vid, I have mad props for anyone getting their heart rate up and honing in on self-defense skillz through boxing. Regardless, of how they come out on the end. But from what I can tell is that Ed Sheeran went for it when it came to getting his fitness on onscreen. This proves that he is either very much over his body issues of the past OR doesn't give a f*ck what you, or I, think about him rocking those Rocky vibes and white leggings.