Browsing the health bar section of a grocery store is an especially daunting task these days. There are so many different bars, each claiming to be better than the next, that it's hard to know which box to pick. The key to being a smart shopper is knowing exactly what you are looking for and which health bar is going to fill that need, both in terms of its taste and its nutritional content.

Whether you need a quick, on-the-go breakfast or something to satisfy your sweet tooth, each health bar serves a specific purpose. Next time you approach the snack aisle of your local grocery store, you'll have a plan of action and know exactly what you need to fuel your day.

1. No Time for Breakfast: RXBAR

Each of these high protein bars contains three egg whites. That means that you can basically eat your morning eggs without having to make them. Each flavor of these bars is so potent that you will not even be able to taste the egg whites, but you still get to benefit from all of the protein.

The high protein content of these bars will keep you full on those busy mornings when you only have twenty minutes to get out the door. There's nothing worse than eating a protein bar and being hungry 30 minutes later, and RXBARs certainly keep that from happening, making them a go-to item for your days with a jam-packed schedule. 

2. Pre-Workout: Raw Rev Glo

Making time to go to the gym is hard to squeeze into a college student's busy schedule, so the process of getting there should be as quick and easy as possible. Once you finally find the time to make it to the gym, no one wants to worry about making a snack that will give you enough energy for your workout. I always keep one of these bars in my bag because they offer the perfect energy-boost, without weighing me down.

Many foods require some time to digest before exerting energy, but these bars don't. The amazing taste of them is an added bonus, and you'll actually be looking forward to eating one. The Peanut Butter, Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt flavor—my personal favorite—tastes like a chocolate chip cookie where the chocolate is gooey and melts in your mouth. With a flavor like that, Raw Rev Glo bars are even more of a reason to make it the gym.

3.  Post-Workout: Perfect Bar

After an intense and tiring workout it's important to provide your body with the necessary proteins to aid in muscle growth and recovery. Perfect Bar offers both vegan and non-vegan options, and has over 20 super foods in each bar.

This bar will replenish your energy stores after a workout and will allow you to continue on with your day if you don't have time to sit down for a full meal until later. These bars can be found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store, which proves just how fresh all the ingredients are.

4. To Cap Off a Savory Meal: Rule Breaker Snacks

I have one word for these bars: incredible. Rule Breaker Snacks brownies and blondies will change the way that you think about dessert. All of their snacks are made of chickpeas and are gluten-free and vegan. They taste exactly like the classic dessert and still manage to provide enough protein and fiber to keep you from crashing hours later.

#SpoonTip: microwave the blondie and wait for the huge chocolate pieces to melt.

5. Hungry but Not Too Hungry: Health Warrior Chia Bar

For those times when you just can't wait one more hour until you're supposed to meet your friends for dinner, turn to this bar. This bar is just enough to hold you over, but not enough to ruin your appetite for dinner.

Health Warrior bars distinguishes themselves by packing their bars with chia seeds. These Omega-3 filled seeds swell when they come in contact with water which helps keep you full and provides several health benefits. 

6. No Time to Bake: LÄRABAR

LÄRABAR has created almost every dessert you may be craving into a bar, using the simplest ingredients. Their Cashew Cookie flavor is made from only cashews and dates. Their flavors include Carrot Cake, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Pumpkin Pie, Gingerbread, Banana Bread, and many more.

When you don't have time to actually make the blueberry muffin you're in the mood for, you can have a LÄRABAR that tastes just like it. It's amazing to have a bar filled with healthy ingredients that tastes like your favorite treats, exactly as promised. LÄRABAR is basically the best of both worlds because it provides you with amazing taste and simple, quality ingredients.

7. To Beat the 3 p.m. Slump: KIND Bars

Most of us know the feeling all too well. 3 o'clock rolls around, and like clock work, we hear our stomachs growl and feel the overwhelming urge to take a nap. To fight this, you need just the right amount of sugar and healthy fat to keep you going for the rest of the day.

KIND Bars are made of nutrient dense nuts and sweet fruits that when combined, create the perfect snack to have between lunch and dinner. In addition to their clean ingredient list and amazing flavor, the availability of KIND Bars at most grocery stores adds to their appeal.

Approaching the health bar section of the grocery store without knowing what to get will leave you confused and frustrated. Stick to these bars, and you'll have healthy and delicious options for each part of your daily routine. Now you can truly focus on everything your hectic college life offers, since you'll be full and energized all day long.