"But-but I could've thought of this!" your furious fingers are preparing to type even now as you've glanced down to the recipes below. Hear me out: you are correct.

I do not claim to be a mad scientist oatmeal genius (but if I did, it would make for a ~fantastic~ resumé addition). I'm just here to make your life a little easier and tastier, without the years of unconscious formulation it took to spring these eureka recipes on me. So enjoy.

PB & J Oats

• Prep Time:30 secs
  • Total Time:5 mins 30 secs

• 1 cup oats
  • 2 cups water
  • 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter or preferred nut butter
  • 1-2 tablespoons jam or preserves
  • 1-2 teaspoons turmeric
  • I add turmeric to my oats for the added anti-inflammatory benefits. It'll give your oats a golden color but won't affect the taste at all.

Cook oats on a stovetop on medium heat, stirring constantly until oatmeal takes upon preferred texture.

Put oats in a bowl and spoon (hehe) in some peanut butter and jam.

I usually add almond milk, and inhale the bowl like it's a superpower.

Tea-Infused Oats

• 1 cup oats
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup leftover tea from the night before or fresh tea
  • 1-2 teaspoon turmeric
  • Anything you feel goes with your flavor tea I use cooked apples flavored with lavender pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon and pecans to go with my Earl Grey tea
sweet
Alexandra Caruso

Cook oats with water and tea on a stovetop over medium heat, stirring constantly until oatmeal takes upon preferred texture.

Put oats into a bowl and add desired toppings. Enjoy and feel fancy that you ate something with the word "infused" in the title!

sauce
    Alexandra Caruso

Do you feel enlightened? You should. You wouldn't believe the looks of disbelief in my friends' eyes when I told them these two recipes (my self-esteem–through the ROOF, I'm telling you). So now I am telling you, in the odd chance you haven't thought of these two ideas yourself!

On a parting note, here's more information about turmeric to get that healthy habit going!