Dessert addict and athlete don't exactly compliment each other - that's why I'm a big fan of desserts that also pack a nutritional punch. While "paleo," "gluten free," and "vegan" don't necessarily translate to "good for you," often companies who make these kind of products end up using ingredients that happen to be really nutritious. Nearly all 14 of these better for you desserts contain no refined cane sugar, and no gross chemicals. To make things better, they can all be bought in stores. No baking required!

Hail Merry Tart

These decadent tarts are sweetened with maple syrup, agave, or coconut sugar. Depending on the flavor, these desserts have as few as five ingredients. They are also vegan and gluten free.

Eating Evolved Coconut Butter Cups

Want a spin on the classic peanut butter cup? These coconut butter cups will become your new thing. They are sweetened with coconut sugar, and are vegan, paleo and gluten free. With six different flavors, you'll never get sick of them!

Go Raw Sprouted Cookies

These cookies are completely raw, vegan, paleo. They are sweetened only with dates, and make the perfect afternoon pick me up. 

Sejoyia Coco Roons

If you're a fan of coconut macaroons, there's no way you won't love these. They are vegan, paleo, gluten free, and sweetened with coconut or maple sugar. They come in a variety of delicious flavors like salted caramel and vanilla maple.

Nelly's Organics Candy Bars

Even if you're someone who is addicted to candy, these tasty bars will kick any snickers or milky-ways to the curb. The filling of these bars is sweetened only with dates. These are a much better option that your typical mass-produced candy bar.

Capellos Cookie Dough

Capello's cookie dough is unique due to it being 100% grain free. Not only this, but they are also only sweetened with maple syrup. Since these are vegan and grain free, it's completely safe to dig a spoon in and eat the cookie dough raw!

K'ul Chocolate

K'ul Chocolate is probably the coolest chocolate company I've ever come across, and I've tried a lot of chocolate. K'ul creates chocolate superfood bars for a variety of purposes such as electrolytes, endurance, stamina, power and more. So yes, you can eat a whole chocolate bar as your post workout snack. 

Cobb's Nut Butter Cups and Treats

As much as I love Reese's, I don't love the overload of sugar and processed ingredients. Cobb's produces their nut and seed butter cups in small batches, using local honey and ingredients.

KNOW Better Cookies

If there's a cookie that meets almost every dietary restriction, it's probably this one. Just look at the label! KNOW Better Cookies not only are made with good ingredients, they also have tons of protein and fiber.

Nada Moo

Sweetened with agave, this dairy free ice cream hits the spot. NadaMoo is made with coconut milk, and only has 8 grams of sugar and 120 calories per serving. If you're looking for a healthier ice cream that is still super creamy and rich, NadaMoo is the brand for you.

Thrive Tribe Cookies

These soft and chewy cookies are paleo, gluten free, and sweetened with coconut sugar and dates. They have some delicious non-chocolate options in case you're needing a break from the worlds greatest food.

Simple Mills Cookies

These gluten free cookies aren't vegan, but they are sweetened just with honey and coconut sugar. With crunchy and soft cookie options, Simple Mills is sure to satisfy anybody.

Paleo Prime Cookies

Paleo Prime turns two superfoods, almonds and honey, into delicious cookies by adding just a few other ingredients. Each cookie packs five grams of protein and is dairy and gluten free. 

Emmy's Organics

These little coconut bites are the perfect snack or dessert. These are gluten free and vegan, and mostly sweetened with agave. Use these little morsels as a toppings for a sweet smoothie bowl, or eat them plain!

Whoever told you that you shouldn't have dessert obviously never came across any of these awesome companies. There's no reason to cut out dessert when there are plenty of options made with ingredients that your body loves. It's time to have your cake and eat it too!