If you’re anything like me, you have a true commitment to the beauty that is Chipotle Mexican Grill. The pain that I’ve felt after hearing about the E.Coli outbreaks has been excruciating because of my love for the place, especially because there have been recent reports of the virus expanding to the East Coast.

As a born and bred New Englander, I took pride in the fact that the West Coast was the only part of the US experiencing this horror; until the reports of Boston College surfaced on the news just a few days ago.

These are some of the emotions I have felt, and I know you can relate.

Denial

chipotle

GIF courtesy of buzzfeed.com

There’s no way this is happening to me. I was at Chipotle yesterday… and the day before that… and the day before that. Chipotle is my right hand, my go to (*cue emotional Drake*). I’m in denial because where the hell am I supposed to go for my burrito fix?! I refuse to believe that a place so perfect could do this to its absurdly loyal customers.

Anger

chipotle

GIF courtesy of adventuresofamarathongirl.blogspot.com

Why do bad things happen to good people? Finals are literally happening as we speak and I’m pissed because I can’t relieve my stress by shoving a fat burrito in my face. The place I put so much heart (aka money) into is letting me down and I’m filled with anger and disappointment.

Bargaining

chipotle

GIF courtesy of asi.cpp.edu

I tried to promise myself that I’ll restrict my Chipotle visits to one time a week. But then I realized there’s no way that’s happening. Bargaining with myself proved to be unsuccessful and I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m going to suck it up and hope for the best. Chipotle here I come.

Betrayal

chipotle

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

Chipotle is the most commitment I’ve ever put into something in my 20 whole years of living.. Ok top 5 but you get the picture. This just isn’t supposed to happen. My happiness somewhat depends on if I have a chicken bowl shining brightly in front of me. I have my order down so well that the workers don’t have to list the choices to me. What did we all do to deserve this?! I want to know, Chipotle.

Acceptance

chipotle

In terms of dealing with this stage, there are very few of us who will truly accept a world without burrito bowls and chips on the daily. For you chipotle regulars like me, acceptance means accepting the fact that you’re going to have to deal with some slight symptoms of E.Coli after devouring your delicious Chipotle.

I guess it’s just the price you have to pay to have the things you love.

Faith

chipotle

GIF courtesy of wetpaint.com

If there’s one thing we can do, it’s hope and pray that the virus doesn’t expand any more than it already has. I mean, this seriously could turn into a full on epidemic of sick and angry customers. But not to worry, I have faith in you Chipotle.