Want to impress your friends next time you’re at a party? Need to brush up on your beer trivia? Check out these seven uncommon facts about this nourishing staple of every college kid’s diet.

It was Anheuser-Busch’s first light beer.

natty light

Photo courtesy of natedsanders.com

Thought Bud-light was the first? Nahhhh. First introduced on July 31st, 1977, Natty was Anheuser-Busch’s original light-low cal option, followed by Michelob Light in 1978 and Bud Light in 1982.

There is a “Natty Regular.”

natty light

Gif courtesy of toovia.com

Believe it or not, since 1995, Anheuser-Busch has actually made a non-light version of Natty named “Natty Ice,” coming in at 130 calories. Briefly also producing “Natty Pilsner,” debuted as the “full body compliment” to its light counterpart, the ale was discontinued after 1997.

It won third place at the 2008 World Beer Cup.

natty light

Photo courtesy of worldbeercup.org

At the 2008 Association of Brewers World Beer Cup (yes, this is a thing), the judges awarded Natty Light a bronze medal for the “American-Style Light Lager” category. We’re as surprised about this as you are.

It was the fifth largest selling beer in the US in 2009.

natty light

Photo courtesy of blog.robox.com

According to the Wall Street Journal, it looks like Americans were nailing down on Natty in ’09.

It won the category of “worst beer” by ratebeer.com’s most recent ranking.

natty light

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Natty Light has been dethroned from its five minutes of fame. Despite its popularity in 2009, ratebeer.com recently awarded this pale ale the title of Worst Beer in the World.

It’s not “natural.”

natty light

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Shocking, we know. Though you probably could’ve guessed this one on your own, there is nothing natural about Natural Light Beer. In fact, after Natty was introduced in 1977, Miller Brewing Company filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) arguing that Anheuser-Busch’s product was using misleading packaging and advertising because it didn’t involve any “natural” components. The FTC rejected the complaint.

It was the first beer in space.

natty light

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Natty Light is literally out of this world. While this might not hold true taste-wise, on November 18th, 2011, it became the first beer to be launched into space. Thanks to an initiative spearheaded by two die-hard Natty fans (apparently they exist), Anheuser-Busch’s first light ale also became the company’s first interplanetary product. Watch the video here.