Ever wondered how to clean those obscure kitchen tools and surfaces? Well, in many cases, soap and water is not the answer. Use these nifty tricks to make your kitchen squeaky clean and smell awesome. This is a game changer, people. Prepare yourself.

1. Use lemons to clean dishes. Add a teaspoon of lemon juice to your dishwashing soap to help degrease your plates.
  2. Use Chore Boy Scrubs to clean stainless steel.
  3. To clean the walls of your fridge, pour vanilla extract in a bowl and dip paper towels in it. Use these towels to wipe down the walls of the fridge and remove food stains. Your fridge will be clean and smelling fresh.
  4. To clean a microwave, put a handful of damp paper towels inside and heat on high for 3-5 minutes. The moisture will loosen up the food on the walls of the microwave, and then the paper towel can be used to wipe it down after being heated.
  5. Use vinegar to clean a wooden cutting board. Keep a spray bottle of vinegar on hand and spray regularly to help disinfect and neutralize odors.
  6. To clean a burnt pot, boil water and stalks of rhubarb in it. After two minutes, remove pot from heat and let it cool down. The stains will disappear right before your eyes.
  7. To remove the brown stains from the inside of your coffee pot, fill the pot one-quarter full of ice, and then add two tablespoons of salt and juice from half a lemon. Swirl the mixture for two minutes, and the stains will quickly disappear.
  8. Use a pastry brush to remove every last bit of food that is stuck behind the small grates of your cheese grater.
  9. Use soap and water and a squeegee to clean your stainless steel or marble countertops.

What are you waiting for? To the kitchen you go!