Spoon University Logo
Screen Shot 2020 10 13 at 10.41.06 AM
Screen Shot 2020 10 13 at 10.41.06 AM
Reviews

Let’s Have Brunch: Hidden and Not-So-Hidden Gems

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at Emory chapter.

Looking for brunch spots in Atlanta? Some restaurants might pop up on Google, but others can be a bit camera shy.

In this article, I would like to share with you a restaurant that I found in Emory Village, a hub for major restaurants and stores, and another in a desolate alley (that I did not realize was an alley until after the fact). 

We’ll dive right in to these hidden and un-hidden gems so you can share the experience of sinking your teeth into a  berry french toast and a lox bagel – just as I did. 

First stop: Emory Village.

The General Muir

Brunch Spots in Atlanta
Sydney Barish

This modern New York Jewish deli-inspired joint has all of the staples for a laid back Sunday brunch- but be sure to make a reservation if you do not want to order your grub to-go.

If you’re from New York City like me, it’s the closest thing you’ll find to a good New York style bagel here in Atlanta and let me tell you, it pleases the palette. I got a sesame bagel with cream cheese, lox, pickled onion, and fresh dill. I would absolutely recommend this place if you’re looking for a lazy Sunday brunch to restore your energy before going back to a busy week!

There’s no missing this bagel joint– when you’ve encountered a restaurant with a large green awning and a line out the door, you’ve hit the jackpot. 

But what you’re more likely to miss is a small brunch place located on a side street on Piedmont Avenue just a 15 minute away from Atlanta’s well-known Piedmont Park. 

Campangnolo

Campagnolo is a casual Italian restaurant that serves everything from warm, soft french toast, to veggie filled frittatas, to creative pasta bowls. There’s something for everyone – even your pickiest eater. Pictured here is a challah french toast topped with fresh whipped cream, berry compote, candied walnuts and of course, sweet and sticky maple syrup. 

Brunch Spots in Atlanta
Sydney Barish

This restaurant is one that I could not relocate off the top of my head – but those places always tend to be the best. There’s something to be said about finding a restaurant that even locals have never heard of…in a weird way I feel like it belongs to me!

If you have more of a savory palette, let me indulge you in another photograph of a dish made with the unarguably superior pasta shape: orecchiette. It is dressed with some olive oil, salt, basil, cherry tomatoes, and shredded parmesan cheese. 

Brunch Spots in Atlanta
Sydney Barish

Brunch in Atlanta is an experience that I like to have at least once a month, and I encourage you join in on the fun. So I’ve given you two options and there is no wrong answer. I say, go to both and get the best of both worlds! The pasta-bilities are endless, so no matter what you choose you’ll thank me a brunch. 

For more suggestions on where to find the best eats in Atlanta check out this article. You’re bound to find a piece of home wherever you go, so go off and explore!