Spoon University Logo
Reviews

Hank Charcuterie on Mass Brings Food to a Sophisticated Level

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at KU chapter.

Welcome to Hank Charcuterie. Opened during the Summer of 2014 by owner and chef Vaughn Good, Hank Charcuterie is a great example of a restaurant with a sophisticated and modern twist of classic dishes and meat. Here are some delicious and diverse examples of what Hank’s has to offer.

IMG 5560

Photo by Alli Wilson

Not only is Hank’s a great and unique place, the patio is perfect for enjoying your meal. Since it a charcuterie, the smoky smell adds to the rustic atmosphere.

IMG 5564

Photo by Alli Wilson

The drinks are also to die for. At breakfast, try the delicious Spicy Bloody Mary–with lime, bacon and a pickle, it is a great way to start off your day.

10606138 467206420140206 8311018897808325410 n

Photo by Facebook.com/HankCharcutorie

The Whiskey Julep is very refreshing and has a kick. And don’t forget happy hour: 3pm-6pm on Tuesday-Saturday.

IMG 5569

Photo by Alli Wilson

Here is Hank’s version of a breakfast biscuit–a pork shoulder on a homemade butter biscuit. This isn’t your average breakfast go-to.

IMG 5567

Photo by Alli Wilson

Another great dish is the Pork on Grits with a salad. It’s the perfect and refreshing lunch meal.

IMG 5575

Photo by Alli Wilson

If you’re in the mood for a sandwich, try the Italian club. It is full of flavor on perfectly toasted bread.

IMG 5579

Photo by Alli Wilson

For all soup lovers: try Hank’s Ramen for a chilly day. With pork and a poached egg inside, it is not your ordinary soup.

Enjoy, sophisticated food lovers.