Spoon University Logo
News

Target’s Wicked Stanley Cups Are Getting Restocked, But There’s A Catch

On October 13 this year, Stanley’s collaboration with the upcoming Wicked movie was released at Target, and frenzied fans rushed to grab the cups off the shelves. People lined up for hours to grab one of these tumblers, which sold out in hours at many locations. Here is what to know about the Wicked Stanley Cup restock.

When will the Wicked Stanley Cup restock be available?

The hype around this collab nearly caused a few brawls at Target stores nationwide, so it’s no wonder the cups sold out in hours at many locations. 

@colleenandmaurmi

People went crazy over the Wicked Stanleys#maurmi #funnygranny #wickedstanley #target #wicked @maurmi10 @S A V A G E G R A N T

♬ original sound – Colleen and Maurmi

The cups are being restocked in small batches on Target.com, in both available colors, Glinda pink and Elphaba green, in the 20-ounce and the 40-ounce sizes. There is no plan to have an official full restock Reddit users asked when they’ll be officially restocked and many replies explained to occasionally check the site, as restocks have been ongoing since the release date. Since the tumblers sold out so fast, many online Wicked fans say that even if customers hit the “notify me” button on Target’s site, the notification will likely not come fast enough, so it’s recommended to check the site as frequently as you have time to do so.

According to TikTok users, Target continually restocked the cups throughout the day of the launch. Since the release of this collaboration, there have been occasional restocks on the shelves in many stores as well as online — check a Target near you for the restock before the movie’s release! Plus, feel free to ask any local store managers if they have any information.

What’s this Wicked Stanley Cup collab all about?

These all-new Quenchers first came out on October 13, about a month ahead of the movie’s release date, November 22. The movie is a film adaptation of the smash hit musical Wicked, which is a prequel to the 1932 film The Wizard of Oz, and an adaptation of the book by Gregory Maguire. Starring Ariana Grande as Glinda and Cynthia Erivo as Elphaba, the movie is set to be a smash hit with its star-studded cast, and the numerous collabs the movie has going on to promote its release, including new Starbucks drinks, an R.E.M Makeup pack, and even a new LEGO set!

The Glinda cup is totally Glinda-core, “rich, buttery” pink and glittery with prints of gold butterflies, while the Elphaba cup is a “deep, glowing” green and black gradient design with a gold flying monkey design, made for defying gravity. The 20-ounce tumblers go for $35, and the 40-ounce tumblers go for $55, though you can certainly find them being resold on sites like eBay and Mercari for $100 or more. 

Check a Target near you for restocks of these absolutely Wicked cups.

Meg Carey is a writer for Spoon University’s National Writers Program, covering all things food-related with a particular interest in coffee and all coffee-adjacent beverages (especially matcha!). They are currently studying creative writing with a minor in publishing at Emerson College. Meg has a serious passion for finding the best vegetarian and vegan eats in the area, and they are always excited to share those finds with the world. Beyond Spoon University, Meg also works as the Copyeditor for Concrete Magazine, the Design Manager for Wilde Press, and this past spring semester, they were Head Designer for Black Swan, another Emerson publication. They are currently interning at Campus Clipper, and have interned with Publishing Solutions Group in the past. Their works of fiction and poetry have been featured in Generic Magazine, 365tomorrows, and The Underground Literary Magazine. Meg can usually be found writing in a cafe (their substack is https://substack.com/@megcarey), hanging out with their cat (her name is Bunny!), or working out (probably either listening to an audiobook or to Britney Spears). They love reading sci-fi, horror, and romance (bonus points if it’s all three), as well as poetry in their spare time.