Spoon University Logo
starbucks wicked drinks
starbucks wicked drinks
Photo by Starbucks
News

These New ‘Wicked’ Starbucks Drinks Are Magically Pink & Green

If I’m being honest, I didn’t think fall could get any better. The weather is finally getting cold enough for sweaters, leggings, and the coziest of beverages. The Wicked film is also invading some of my favorite places. First, the film made its way onto Target shelves with a Stanley Cup collaboration featuring 20 and 40-ounce cups inspired by Glinda’s glistening pink dress and Elphaba’s evergreen glow. Now, Broadway fans can rejoice once more! Wicked is officially making its way to Starbucks.

Starting tomorrow, Tuesday, October 22, participating Starbucks in the U.S., Canada, and some international locations will have the magic of Oz and the Emerald City on the menu in the form of new merch and drinks. I’m sure you can already guess what colors everything is going to be.

What are the new Wicked Starbucks drinks?

Until the film launches on November 22, people will be able to get their Wicked fix through two limited-edition beverages — Glinda’s Pink Potion and Elphaba’s Cold Brew.

Glinda’s Pink Potion is a magical upgrade to the Mango Dragonfruit Refresher, as it’ll also have coconut milk, freeze-dried dragonfruit, strawberry non-dairy cold foam, and colorful candy sprinkles. Because of the dragonfruit, the drink is a gorgeous hue of bright and light pink. Elphaba’s Cold Brew will feature a peppermint cold brew with a non-dairy matcha cold foam and green candy sprinkles. Of course, this bevvy is dark brown with a vibrant green cold foam on top.

What is the Wicked Starbucks merch?

There will also be Wicked-inspired gift cards and themed drinkware launching on November 7, alongside some cute straw toppers and keychains. The Starbucks cups will consist of three collections — Glinda’s Collection, Elphaba’s Collection, and The Emerald City Collection. Each collection consists of three cups. 

starbucks wicked drinks
Photo by Starbucks

Glinda’s collection features an iridescent, prismatic 24-ounce cold cup that comes with a straw topper inspired by her wand. It also comes in the form of a keychain. There is also a hot pink 24-ounce cold up that is just as glittery as she is and a tumbler with a pearlescent sheen, adorned in rose-y pink florals and a letter G keychain attached to the lid. 

Elphaba’s collection will make anyone feel extra wicked. It features a rich, green, textured 24-ounce cold up with a black broom straw topper that doubles as a keychain and a midnight black 24-ounce cold cup with “Defying Gravity” in bold, pastel green lettering and a multi-shaded, striped, straw. My favorite cup from the collection is the glow-in-the-dark tumbler, featuring spells from the Ozian Book of Enchantments and a keychain.

The Emerald City Collection will immediately bring you back to Oz. It features a gemstone-inspired, green, 24-ounce cold cup with an Emerald City hot air balloon straw topper that doubles as a keychain. There’s also another green, 24-ounce cold up with a castle pattern, a gold lid, and emerald green straw. My personal favorite is the 16-ounce, golden crackle cup that comes with a golden Oz coin keychain. 

There will also be a Wicked Discovery Series mug collection inspired by Munchkinland, Emerald City, and Shiz University.

What do people have to say about this?

Some content creators have already managed to get their hands on the drinks. In a TikTok video, content creator Shea Durazzo gave Elphaba’s Cold Brew an 8/10 rating stating, “It’s like peppermint-y, it’s not matcha-y.” He gave Glinda’s Pink Potion a 9/10 rating claiming, “It tastes like a strawberry pink drink. Oh, and I don’t like coconut and I like that a lot.”

Nadi Meyer

George Mason '25

Nadi Meyer is part of the National Writer program at Spoon University. They focus on food trends for humans and even dogs. Their end goal is to one day work for a nonprofit organization like The Asher House or The Trevor Project. Beyond Spoon University, Nadi has seven years of retail experience, ranging from being a cashier at a grocery store to even being the assistant manager at one of the popular video game store franchises. They graduated from Brightpoint Community College in August 2022 with an Associate’s degree in General Studies and is currently working on their Bachelor’s degree in Communications with a focus in Media Production and Criticism as an online student at George Mason University. Before pursuing their higher education, from their sophomore to senior year, Nadi was helping rebuild the journalism program at Thomas Dale High School, graduating in 2017 with an Advanced Diploma. In their free time, Nadi is often hanging out with their newly adopted, 9-year-old rescue dog, Tiger, or playing Stardew Valley on their Nintendo Switch. They are an avid collector of retro video games including Gameboy, GameCube, Nintendo DS and 3DS. They hope to eventually invest in a PSP and a PS Vita.