Spoon University Logo
News

Halloween Just Got Better With The Krispy Kreme Ghostbusters Collection

Get ready to be haunted by the newest Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Krispy Kreme is celebrating Halloween with the addition of four new spooky doughnuts. In honor of the 40th anniversary of the original 1984 classic Ghostbusters, the doughnut chain is celebrating with the Krispy Kreme Ghostbusters Collection, which features four new doughnut creations. 

What type of doughnuts are in the Krispy Kreme Ghostbusters Collection?

The four new doughnuts are Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, Slimer, Ghostbusters Cookies n’ Creme made with Oreo, and Ecto-Sprinkled.

Two of the doughnuts, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and the Slimer, pay homage to famous monsters in the film, while the other two, Ghostbusters Cookies n’ Creme made with Oreo and Ecto-Sprinkled, take after the logo and famous Ghostbusters car. 

Even in Ghostbusters, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man looks tasty, and the Krispy Kreme Stay Puft Marshmallow Man doughnut looks even more delicious. It’s an original glazed doughnut topped with powder, a marshmallow-flavored buttercream, and Krispy Kreme’s Stay Puft Marshmallow Man candy. This doughnut is listed at $3.39. 

You may remember the Slimer as a gross, booger-looking character. A character that is so annoying and freaky that the possibility of turning it into a delicious donut seems unlikely; however, Krispy Kreme was able to accomplish this feat, and for only $2.99. Krispy Kreme kept the fun parts of the character like its colors, green, and purple. The colors are shown in the frosting of the doughnut. The rest of the doughnut is unglazed and filled with a lemon-flavored filling that is dyed green, it’s then decorated with Krispy Kreme’s Slimer candy. 

Ghostbusters Cookies n’ Creme made with Oreos takes on the Ghostbusters logo and, of course, Oreos. This new creation, listed at $2.99, is an original glazed doughnut with chocolate icing. The top of the doughnut is filled with Oreo pieces, a dollop of buttercream, and additional crumbled Oreos. The doughnut is then topped with Krispy Kreme’s Ghostbusters logo candy. 

Who can forget the famous white 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Sentinel ambulance? The renowned car even has a doughnut named after it: the Ecto-Sprinkled. The Ecto-Sprinkled is an original glazed doughnut with colored orange icing. Half the doughnut is sprinkled with green, orange, purple, black, white, and blue sprinkles. This doughnut is the cheapest of the collection, priced at $2.69. 

How can you get the Ghostbuster Collection?

The Ghostbusters Collection is available now and until October 31 aka Halloween. The doughnut collection is only available in select grocery stores and Krispy Kreme stores. You can also order the doughnuts online

A box of the entire collection, which includes 11 doughnuts: three of the Slimer, three of Ghostbusters Cookies n’ Creme with Oreo, three of the Ecto-Sprinkled, and two of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, is $23.19. You can also get a Ghostbusters specialty 3-pack, which contains the Slimer, the Ghostbusters Cookies n’ Creme with Oreo, and the Ecto-Sprinkled for $8.19. You can also buy each doughnut separately for varying prices.

What other Halloween-inspired products is Krispy Kreme dropping?

Along with the new Ghostbuster Collection, Krispy Kreme is also launching a new drink called the Slimer’s Slime. The Ghostbuster monster-inspired drink is a frozen lemonade blended with real fruit and sugar. The Slimer’s Slime looks like a green slushy. 

Krispy Kreme is also offering a free original glazed doughnut to anyone who comes into their store on Halloween wearing a costume.

Camryn is an undergraduate student at Emerson College. At Emerson College, Camryn is part of many student organizations, including Undergraduate Students for Publishing, where she works as a guest writer for their online website. Camryn is also editor-in-chief of Concrete Literary Magazine, an Emerson magazine that publishes student short stories and poetry. Camryn has also been published in Page Turner Magazine. In her free time, Camryn enjoys seeing live music with her friends, taking her dog for hikes in the woods, and reading.