Spoon University Logo

Nashville isn’t just the heart of all things country music and honky tonks; it’s also home to a vibrant hub of food lovers that are eager to explore their culinary passions. Nashville is a great place to learn how to cook. With its rich culinary scene and diverse dining options, the city has recently seen a surge in restaurants and cooking classes that cater to both beginner and seasoned cooks alike. From traditional Southern dishes to contemporary international cuisines, these classes offer a unique opportunity to learn and connect with fellow food enthusiasts. 

Whether you are looking to refine your skills, discover new recipes, or simply enjoy a fun night out with your squad, these cooking classes in Nashville’have something for everyone. Nashville has got you covered. It gives you a non-touristy way to feel right at home in Nashville. Here are some cooking classes that you should definitely try out. 

The Chef and I

$70 per person

I felt so boujee even just looking at the Chef and I’s website. Offering 120 minute classes, the Chef and I guarantees a hands-on learning experience while teaching you a variety of recipes and techniques. Along the way, you’ll be able to taste your dishes and upon finishing your experience, you are guaranteed a reservation. I personally am looking into Jamaican cuisine and Spanish tapas cooking experiences.

The Kitchen Nashville

$90-$110 per person

Located in West Nashville, the Kitchen isn’t just a kitchen store but also home to a culinary school that offers countless cooking classes and tips. These aren’t ordinary pasta-making classes. When in the Kitchen, you’ll be making things like paella, sushi, and arancini. They even offer a dutch oven cooking class where you’ll learn to make delicious meals like beef stew using a dutch oven. 

Eat the Art

$195 per person

Eat the Art offers a scientific and creative approach for students learning to bake and decorate cakes. All classes are private, so you could go alone or make it a girls night out. Whether you are striving to learn how to make your own bagels, craft up some donuts, or trying to decorate the perfect cookie, this is definitely the class for you. You’ll take all of your yummy creations home as well as detailed recipes so you can do it again right at home.

Kitchen Social

$60-$85 per person

I don’t know about you but I just found out that Kitchen Social has a location in Nashville. Focused on fun and food, its classes focus on various cuisines of all different cultures including classic hometown favorites. When you attend one of their cooking classes, you can expect complimentary beverages and appetizers when you arrive and to be taught by friendly culinary experts. I’m already looking at the Midnight in Paris and Oktoberfest classes. Sign me up.

Southern Belle Biscuit

Prices not listed

There is no way you can be in Nashville without taking a biscuits and gravy class. Making biscuits is a Nashville tradition, and I can already see the memories being made at this class. The shop was even featured in a House Hunters HGTV show. The entire crew all raved about the biscuits and gravy by the end of the shoot.

Dabble Studio

Prices dependent on number of participants

Dabble Studio is truly a jack of all trades. Specializing in both painting and cooking classes, it’s safe to say this place does it all. There’s even virtual cooking events via Zoom. Dabble Studio assures that no matter your skill level, its classes are perfect for any group. You can choose to participate in a charcuterie board creation class, a pimento cheese making class, or even in a mixology mingle.

I'm a sophomore at Vanderbilt University studying neuroscience and communications on a pre-medical track. At Vandy, I'm a member of Zeta Tau Alpha, the Vanderbilt Undergraduate Research Journal, and Her Campus Vanderbilt. In my free time, I enjoy going to pilates and eating my way through Nashville.