Spoon University Logo
News

Sabrina Carpenter Sang ‘Espresso’ With A Large Coffee Mug & We’re Obsessed

Sabrina Carpenter started a new trend on her Short ‘N Sweet tour. Dur her performance of her hit song “Espresso,” the singer sips from customized coffee cups after discontinuing her fan-favorite “Nonsense” outros. 

On X (formerly Twitter), the Short N’ Sweet Tour official page posted the singer performing the fan-favorite song “Espresso” in bedazzled silver boots, a custom “Toronto Maple Leafs” jersey, and our favorite new addition, a Toronto, Ontario custom coffee mug steaming hot with espresso. 

The coffee cups have each city printed on them and, of course, her signature lipstick kiss mark matching the one on her Short N’ Sweet album. 

The addition of the coffee mugs is right after her famous “Nonsense” outros, the previous signature customized flare for each city was stylistically interrupted on the opening night of her tour. Fans on TikTok saw these “technical difficulties” to be the end of an era. 

But, the end of the “Nonsense” outros doesn’t seem to mean that Carpenter is done customizing her shows to the city she is in. According to X, she also used a customized cup of piping hot espresso the previous opening night in Columbus, Ohio and hopefully, the trend continues on. 

It was only fitting that Carpenter added these customized mugs to her set of Short N’ Sweet as “Espresso” spent 23 straight weeks on Billboard’s Global 200 list. This past summer, Billboard listed “Espresso” as the No. 1 Biggest Song of the Summer. And as she stepped away from the super popular “Nonsense” outros, the popularity of “Espresso” seems to make an almost perfect replacement for Carpenter’s signature city customizing. 

Are the coffee cups available as merch?

The coffee cups are, unfortunately, not a part of her official merch. Don’t worry though, she is selling laser-engraved amber glass coffee cups with saucers on her official merch website for $25. 

According to Short N’ Sweet on X, next, she is going to Detroit, Michigan, and tomorrow, she will be heading to New York City. So for now, we’ll just have to wait and see what her new “Espresso” coffee cups will look like customized for each concert. 

We can only hope the singer starts selling them as a part of her official merch because nothing would pair better with a cup of morning espresso than a city-customized Sabrina Carpenter coffee cup.

Samantha is a contributor for the National Writers program for Spoon University. She enjoys writing about food culture, restaurant reviews and her all-time favorite “How-To” articles. Outside of Spoon University, she is a student at Boston University. She is a junior studying English with a minor in journalism. At Boston University, she spends time writing for the school's newspaper, The Daily Free Press. At the Daily Free Press, she is a senior contributor in the lifestyle section and focuses on writing fashion reviews, rating restaurants, and covering recent trends. She recently joined the Pre-Law Review at Boston University and hopes to contribute law-related articles to the publication this year. In her free time, she enjoys attending hot yoga classes, going to the gym with her friends, and finding the best gluten-free spots in Boston.