Spoon University Logo
clubhouse?width=734&height=489&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
clubhouse?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
Photo by Emma Frederickson for Spoon University
Lifestyle

I Stayed At Club Crackers’ Book CLUB House — And You Can Too

Spoon University recently got a sneak peek into Club Cracker’s new weekend getaway. Inspired by Lucy Score’s Riley Thorn mystery series, the Book CLUB House is an immersive getaway for book lovers and snack enthusiasts alike.

Nestled in the hills of Harrisburg where the Riley Thorn series is set, the CLUB House features several rooms inspired by characters like Nick Santiago, Blossom Thorn, Griffin Gentry, and of course, Riley Thorn. Each themed room has decorations relating to their respective characters, but the house is filled with more subtle Easter eggs from the books, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled. 

Aside from the decorations, the house is practically lined wall to wall with Club Crackers for guests to enjoy, including classic flavors like the Club Crackers Originals. Guests can even try two unreleased Club flavors during their stay: sweet Hawaiian and cinnamon sugar. The new crackers are set to hit shelves this October and will be available nation-wide in 2025.

While staying in the Book CLUB House, fans can explore the city using an immersive itinerary curated by author Lucy Score herself. Suggested activities include a trip to a local orchard, a spooky walking tour of Harrisburg, and a Club Cracker picnic. 

What inspired the Book CLUB House?

Club Cracker knows how important connection is, especially with the help of snacks. With the rise of #BookTok, it only made sense for the brand to get in on the fun.  

book club house

“That’s why we’re offering a book club experience like no other — transporting your entire club into the pages of your favorite books — with plenty of Club Crackers to munch on, of course,” Carrie Foose, director of brand marketing for Kellanova Crackers, said in a press release. “We can’t wait to bring the world of Lucy Score to her fans and watch this first-of-its-kind immersive experience come to life.”

The brand partnered with Score specifically because of her dedicated fanbase and taste for a good snack spread, Club Crackers told Spoon University in an email. 

How can you go visit the Book CLUB House?

Fans can now enter to rent the CLUB House for up to eight guests via the HomeToGo site. There are three weekends available for booking:

Weekend 1 (Friday 10/11 to Sunday 10/13)

Weekend 2 (Friday 10/18 to Sunday 10/20) 

Weekend 3 (Friday 10/25 to Sunday 10/27)

Reservations open at 10 a.m. EST two Mondays before the getaway and close after 24 hours. Three lucky groups (one per booking period) will win the chance to stay at the house for the weekend and explore the Riley Thorn themed manor. Even better, author Lucy Score will virtually drop-in on one of the groups, according to the press release. 

And the best part of the whole thing? Staying at the Book CLUB House is completely free for winners. Note that guests are responsible for travel expenses to and from the CLUB House and are required to pass a background check to be eligible. 

What if you can’t get a reservation? 

You can easily host your own Book CLUB getaway in Harrisburg or at home. If you and your book club are willing to make the trip, you can swing by some of Riley and Nick’s favorite spots around the city. Little Amps Coffee, the Walnut Street Bridge, and the Italian Lake are all locations from the series that you can actually visit in Harrisburg. 

If you and your book club just want to spend a cozy weekend in, you can still plan some character-inspired activities. Follow a YouTube yoga video to bring out your inner Wander Thorn or play a muder-mystery game to see if you can crack the case like Nick. And don’t forget the Club Crackers spread when you sit down to discuss the book!

Emma is member of the Spoon University National Writers Program. She enjoys writing about anything and everything from food trends on social media to the latest fast food drop.  Outside of Spoon U, Emma is a senior Communication and Media Studies major at Pace University. There, she is the president of Her Campus at Pace and a writer for the school paper, the Pace Press. Emma is also an honors college student who will be completing her senior thesis in the coming year. She is graduating a year early in May of 2025.  In her free time, Emma can frequently be found cafe-hopping around NYC on the hunt for the best oat milk cappuccino. She loves to try new ice cream places and is always happy to lay back, watch a movie, and eat some good Chinese food. Most of all, Emma loves a good charcuterie spread (because who doesn't), and her dream job would be professional cheese pairing.