Spoon University Logo
News

Everything You Need To Know About KitchenAid’s New Evergreen Stand Mixer

TikTok seems to have found its latest obsession: the Evergreen KitchenAid mixer. Although it’s not a niche food trend like eating a whole cucumber or the croissant cookie, the Evergreen stand mixer has been exciting bakers and non-bakers since its release in early September. 

So… what even is the Evergreen mixer and why is it so popular?

The Evergreen Tilt-Head Stand Mixers is the 2024 edition of KitchenAid’s design series. It features a deep, forest green base (hence the name) and brass accents, including a debossed leaf motif on the hub cover. KitchenAid seems to pride itself on making appliances that simultaneously act as art, and the Evergreen mixer is a perfect example. 

“Evergreen was inspired by the natural elements that make us feel connected to the outdoors,” Chad Ries, global brand director for KitchenAid small appliances at Whirlpool Corporation, said in a press release. “By bringing those powerful emotions into the home, Evergreen inspires makers to come alive every time they set foot in the kitchen.”

@kitchenaidusa

Bring a breath of fresh air to your space. With Evergreen. Explore the new Design Series Stand Mixer at the link in bio.

♬ original sound – KitchenAid

The mixer retails for a whopping $699.99 — nearly double the price of other basic KitchenAid mixers. So, is it worth the investment? Like other tilt-head stand mixers, the Evergreen has ten speeds and even more attachments included with a standard purchase. However, the 2024 Design Series’ bowl is what makes the mixer stand out. 

“The most unique and exciting thing about Evergreen is the walnut bowl,” Brittni Pertijs, Design Manager at Whirlpool, said in a TikTok. “It’s very special. We’ve never done anything like this on the stand mixer.” 

And many seem to be excited about the innovation. 

@thecabinista

and just like that, I want a @KitchenAid again 🥹#greenscreen #kitchenaid #mixer

♬ Bed Chem – Sabrina Carpenter

TikTok users are joking about throwing their savings away just to purchase the evergreen mixer. One user — Peyton Boles, also known as @thecabinista — consulted the KitchenAid community to decide whether she should purchase the mixer. 

Discourse raged in her comment section with some users saying they use their KitchenAid mixers almost every day, and others saying that the Evergreen was impractical. Some even suggested that she buy the mixer and only use the wooden bowl as a display to avoid any unnecessary hassle. 

Online discourse, however, doesn’t seem to halt the demand, as the Evergreen mixer was temporarily out of stock when this article was published. 

Is Evergreen the first special KitchenAid mixer? 

Though the waves the Evergreen mixer has been making may make it seem revolutionary, the Design Series program has been innovating appliance design since 2017, and some of the other editions are just as creative. For example, the 2022 iteration, the Blossom mixer, featured a hammered copper mixing bowl and a thyme green stand. 

The Design Series differs from the Color of the Year program — another way KitchenAid evolves its products — because the design team focuses on broader societal trends rather than just focusing on the emotions a certain hue evokes. As for the 2025 Design Series, fans can only wait and see which emotions KitchenAid stirs up next.

“We want our products to evoke joyful reactions,” Pertijs said in a press release, “which is why we make sure each design embodies unique elements of the world.”

Emma is member of the Spoon University National Writers Program. She enjoys writing about anything and everything from food trends on social media to the latest fast food drop.  Outside of Spoon U, Emma is a senior Communication and Media Studies major at Pace University. There, she is the president of Her Campus at Pace and a writer for the school paper, the Pace Press. Emma is also an honors college student who will be completing her senior thesis in the coming year. She is graduating a year early in May of 2025.  In her free time, Emma can frequently be found cafe-hopping around NYC on the hunt for the best oat milk cappuccino. She loves to try new ice cream places and is always happy to lay back, watch a movie, and eat some good Chinese food. Most of all, Emma loves a good charcuterie spread (because who doesn't), and her dream job would be professional cheese pairing.