Spoon University Logo
News

The Best Deals & Freebies For National Coffee Day On September 29

It’s no wonder coffee is the most iconic drink of all time. Whether you are stressed from staying up all night finishing homework or you want to have a demure fall reading a book and sipping on a chai latte, coffee is perfect for literally any occasion. The best occasion is obviously National Coffee Day, which falls on Sunday, September 29. Not only can you use this day as an excuse to head over to your first choice coffee spot and #treatyourself to your favorite drink, but there will also be a ton of limited deals being offered to the truest of coffee lovers. 

Coffee mate

If we asked you to think of two of the most iconic breakfast items, it would be pretty surprising if coffee and bagels with cream cheese weren’t at the top of your list. So, in an attempt to have the best National Coffee Day ever, Coffee mate is releasing the flavor combination of the century: a bagel and cream cheese-flavored coffee creamer. There will be limited sales of the product on a first come first serve basis that will drop online on September 19 and September 30. The best part is, it’s free!

Paris Baguette 

Starting next Friday, September 27, and lasting through Sunday, September 29, Paris Baguette, the famous bakery-café is offering its rewards members a sweet deal. Valid with any purchase, rewards holders can enjoy a free, handcrafted medium hot or iced coffee made with premium Lavazza coffee beans. 

Ziggi’s

This National Coffee Day, Ziggi’s is celebrating a little differently. If you haven’t heard of Ziggi’s, it was originally founded in 2004 in Colorado and currently has 98 locations open across 20 states. Ziggi’s is offering its rewards members a $1 16-ounce Daily Brew, iced coffee, or cold brew. The offer is valid during regular business hours, on Sunday, September 29.

But that’s not all. As a thanks to all its loyal customers, they are offering one special fan a chance to be the honorary Chief Coffee Officer. The winner will receive $2,500 by check or other payment method, free Ziggi’s coffee for a year, and a chance to experience Dillanos Coffee Roasters, Ziggi’s Coffee’s roasting partner located in Sumner, Washington. The trip would take place from Tuesday, October 15 through Thursday, October 17. It includes a full factory tour and tasting experience. To take part, click on this link and submit a 15 to 60-second video proving to Ziggi’s why you are the best and most qualified person for the “position.” The contest will close on Wednesday, September 25, 2024. The winner will be announced on Sunday, September 29, 2024.

Other coffee-related deals

Although some of the most iconic and well-known coffee brands have been quiet these past couple of weeks, we are expecting big things from there for the upcoming coffee holiday. In the past, Dunkin has offered customers a free medium hot or iced coffee with any purchase, WaWa has given rewards members a chance to redeem a free coffee on National Coffee Day that was placed on their account prior, and Barnes & Noble offered any customer a free hot or iced tall coffee with any purchase of a bakery case item. These deals are subject to change, but we can definitely expect some sort of perks in the form of free or discounted coffee from most of the iconic coffee joints.

Kelly Troop is currently a National Writer for Spoon University and has written for them since January of 2023. Her article topics and interests range from restaurant guides and product reviews, to interviews with food content creators and trending food news. She is also in the process of taking over her university’s Spoon chapter at Bucknell.Outside of writing for Spoon University, Kelly is currently working toward her BA in Creative Writing from Bucknell, as well as a minor in Italian. She has worked in a number of different roles including a tour guide on her college campus, a content writer for a MoneyLion, a financial technology company, and is currently working in the alumni and development department at the Horace Mann School in Riverdale, NY.In her free time, Kelly loves to read, cook, and play tennis with her friends and family. Her favorite genre is murder mystery, and she just finished reading The Da Vinci Code. Additionally, her favorite dish to make is homemade pasta with fresh pesto sauce. She is hardworking and diligent and is interested in a career of publishing, advertising, editorial, and/or marketing after she graduates college.