As a college student, I, like most of my peers, love wine. Saying that college students enjoy consuming alcoholic beverages is like pointing out that the sky is blue, but there’s something about a wine night that can kick any night up a few notches on the classy scale. After all, it feels more sophisticated to sip chardonnay than throwing back FourLoko.
Of course, drinking and enjoying wine in college isn’t always as sophisticated as we might like to think it because, at the end of the day, it’s still college.
1. First, wine might not even come in a bottle
Sometimes, there is a time and place for boxed wine.
2. And maybe you don’t have a proper wine rack just yet
Bless all that dorm storage.
3. You might not have the proper dishware
Glasses, shmasses. Pass the bottle.
4. All in all, wine is pretty much a foregone conclusion
“Like you even had to ask”.
5. Everyone loves wine, so having enough can be a struggle
Walking back from the store is gonna be rough.
6. Sometimes your friend is stingy AF when they pour
Oh, you wanted more than a taste?
7. And, after a few drinks, some people may get a little possessive
Don’t test me.
8. Even in the best of times, you might not have the proper equipment
It will inevitably happen that you end up with several bottles and no opener.
9. But most of all, wine bottles are just too small
The struggle… yep, it’s real.