Some colleges are not only known for their academics, but for the food they have around campus. At Rutgers University, grease trucks cook up “fat sandwiches” day and night to hungry and hungover college students. U Penn is also a university that is home to a number of food trucks. Not very far away from those two is West Chester University, which has a block on its campus dedicated to food that is served from a cart.

Running a food truck can be hard work, but the results are amazing. Here, we’ve narrowed down our favorite food trucks around West Chester.

1. The Lunchbox

food trucks

Photo courtesy of West Chester Menu

The Lunch Box cooks up everything from cheesesteaks to Pad Thai. It’s an American- Thai fusion restaurant. The owners are from Thailand, so you know this is authentic. When you’re on a budget but want good asian food, order spring rolls. They’re only $1 each. Not many people know that the owners of the Lunchbox own a cafe on Market Street with the same name. The menu there is very similar, but a little bit more expensive.

2. Dia Doce

food trucks

Photo by Amanda Saleh

Dia Doce isn’t on Church Street daily, but we are so grateful the bright green truck comes to visit. When Dia Doce makes its way to campus, they give out free mini cupcakes for the first twenty five people. Dia Doce’s moist cupcakes gained a lot of fame when owner Thais Da Silva won Cupcake Wars in 2012. Since then Da Silva opened up a shop on High Street, where she bakes up these original creations daily.

3. Sabatino’s Mobile Pizzeria

food trucks

Photo courtesy of Sabatino’s Mobile Pizzeria

Sabatino’s Mobile Pizzeria will give you the biggest take out container of fries for just $2.50. It’s not the healthiest, but it’s a great deal. Their large menu consists of not only pizza, but cheesesteaks, sausages, and burgers. Each day they bake up a variety of pizzas, from pepperoni to buffalo chicken.

Spoon Tip: Two slices of cheese pizza and a drink is $3.99.

4. Greek Express

food trucks

Photo by Amanda Saleh

Greek Express is famous for the way that they take down your order. Every item you order is always replied with the “Salt, Pepper, Ketchup?” response. Their gyros are amazing and they even put their specialty french fries on them. Another item that is loved by many is the chicken and rice platter. What makes their food so good is their white tzatziki sauce. Greek Express also cooks up delicious breakfast options. Try an egg and cheese croissant for $2.75.

5. The Pretzelria

We will be in #kerrpark this #summer come out and see us! 😎 #pretzels #downingtown

A photo posted by The Pretzelria At WCU (@thepretzelria) on

Philadelphia is home to some of the best stuffed soft pretzels ever. The Pretzelria proves this. Some of the flavors they make are Chicken Bacon Ranch, Buffalo Chicken and Cheesesteak. The most amazing thing on their menu has to be the dessert pretzels. They have everything from a cheesecake pretzel to a Nutella peanut butter pretzel. Their newest menu item is both economical and abundant. “The Box” includes any pretzel, chips, a pickle, a cinnamon sugar stick, and a drink. It’ll set you back just $7.50.

So, next time you are at West Chester University, use this little guide so you know what to order!