'Tis the season to invade your local pumpkin patch and grab up every last photogenic pumpkin, primed and ready for carving and Instagram. But aside from a sea of likes and a decoration that lasts 3 days max, you don't really get much else from removing all the guts and glory from your former pumpkin friend. Your pumpkin (and you) deserve more bang for your buck.

Hello keg, my old friend. Not only is carving a pumpkin into a keg easier than attempting to execute a good looking pumpkin smile, it makes the perfect dispenser for your favorite pumpkin beer or festive drink. Not to mention, it looks great. Did I mention it was easy?

Start by carving the top of your pumpkin.

Molly Ade

Start by carving the top of your pumpkin. Cut a hole on the top just like you would for a Jack O Lantern.

Molly Ade

Step 2: Gut it

Turn your pumpkin on it's side, and use first a corkscrew to make a small hole, and a small knife after to make the hole big enough to fit your spigot. Pro tip: make sure you make the hole relatively low on your pumpkin — the higher it is, the more beer you'll need to add for it to flow out.

Molly Ade

Can't have a keg without beer...

Step 3: Make a hole

Molly Ade

Oh look at that, you're already done!

Molly Ade

#SpoonTip: Make sure you make the hole relatively low on your pumpkin—the higher it is, the more beer you'll need to add for it to flow out.

Could this be anymore fall?

Step 4: Pour it up

Step 5. Enjoy

Could this be anymore fall?