Looking for a spooky Halloween dessert this year? These easy spider cookies are cute and creepy little treats that everyone will love. It's your favorite cookie and halloween candy in one, with the classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter, so you can't go wrong. It's as simple as making a normal batch of peanut butter cookies, topping them with a frozen Reese's cup and adding some chocolate legs and candy eyes. The candy eyes can be found at your local supermarket in the baking section, or order some online. Serve these cookies alongside some other Halloween-inspired treats and drinks, and you're set. Try this easy, 7-step pumpkin bread or mummy brownie batter chocolate bark to keep the theme rolling. 

Peanut Butter Spider Cookies

• 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbsp milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup sugar for rolling
  • 40 miniature Reese's cups frozen
  • 80 candy eyes
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • piping bag or plastic bag
Sidney Uttam

Preheat oven to 375 and line two baking sheets with silpmats or parchment paper.

Sidney Uttam

In a large bowl, beat together shortening, peanut butter, egg, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and milk.

Sidney Uttam

In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.

Sidney Uttam

Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture and beat until blended.

Sidney Uttam

Form dough into 2" balls and roll in sugar before placing balls onto cookie sheets.

Sidney Uttam

Bake cookies 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.

Sidney Uttam

Immediately press an upside down frozen peanut butter cup on top of each cookie and move to wire rack to cool.

Sidney Uttam

Place the candy eyes while chocolate is still slightly soft.

Sidney Uttam

Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow cookies to firm. Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, stirring in 10-15 second increments until almost completely melted.

Sidney Uttam

Place melted chocolate in a piping bag or plastic bag and draw on 8 legs for each spider cookie. Allow cookies to cool completely before eating. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week.

Sidney Uttam

Easy, creative, and delicious. These easy spider cookies are my go to for Halloween-themed parties or to give out to friends and neighbors. It's the perfect spooky treat to get everyone in the Halloween spirit. Nothing is better than a warm, soft peanut butter cookie topped with a partially melted Reese's Cup and more chocolate on top.

Not a fan of this combination? You could mix it up with a different cookie base or by using a different candy for the spider's body, such as Rolos or peppermint patties. Additionally, if you can't find candy eyes at a store near you, these are easy to pipe with white chocolate. Simply pipe on two large dollops of melted white chocolate, let it dry, then pipe two smaller dots on top with the remaining milk chocolate so that it looks like an eyeball. Either way, these Halloween spider cookies are sure to be a hit.