If you’ve found yourself walking around Fifth Avenue in Ottawa, you might have come across a local bakery known as The Wild Oat.

Wild Oat Bakery

Photo by Olivia Faria

Wild Oat is known as a local food eatery, especially since they pride themselves on being a from-scratch bakery that uses local ingredients to produce the natural taste that they strive to achieve. Having a delicious meal and being socially and environmentally conscious? I think yes.

Wild Oat Bakery

Photo by Olivia Faria

Whether you feel like taking the time to eat in or are in a rush and in need of some takeout, Wild Oat has you covered. It doesn’t matter if you are gluten-free or not, vegetarian or pescatarian, because Wild Oat caters to absolutely anyone. Its inclusiveness makes for a perfect go-to, so worry no more about those diet restrictions.

Wild Oat Bakery

Photo by Olivia Faria

Wild Oat also makes for a great spot to grab a bite no matter what you’re doing in the area. You could grab a fresh drink from their juice or smoothie bar after a run, get your morning caffeine fix with a big breakfast, or an afternoon fix with a little something from their artisan bakery.

Wild Oat Bakery

Photo by Olivia Faria

Looking for diverse food? Wild Oat has a variety of lunches served buffet style, where you can choose your dishes and pay for your respective combinations. As a Malaysian Indian, I was delighted to walk into the store and sniff the wafting aroma of dhal, which is a curry of the Indian cuisine, typically made with lentils. You can find anything from curry to chilli dishes on the lunch menu, and it varies on different days of the week.

Wild Oat Bakery

Photo by Olivia Faria

Wild Oat’s breakfast array will switch you from a not-a-morning-person to a breakfast lover. So if you’re having one of those days where you don’t want to spend time cooking breakfast, this would be a great option.

Wild Oat Bakery

Photo by Olivia Faria

You could get anything from simple eggs and toast to a granola bowl to big breakfast plates to satisfy those morning hunger pangs with food quality and your satisfaction guaranteed.

Wild Oat Bakery

Photo by Olivia Faria

Wild Oat is a dream come true for anyone who is *insert diet restriction here* or conscious of their social and environmental responsibility. Get healthier meal options and the worth-the-price satisfaction that comes with Wild Oat’s menu and ambiance.