There are definitely some Southern must-try foods near each of every SEC college. Even if you're visiting a rival school, the food cannot be your enemy. Feel free to indulge in some of the best Southern food in the nation at these restaurants.

Mugshots Grill & Bar (University of Alabama)

From the traditional fried chicken wings to burgers with chili, this grill and bar is the place to go to when you're craving some southern-style burgers.

What to Order: The Mugshot Burger, Buffalo Jack's Wangs, Reagan's Peanut Butter Burger 

#SpoonTip: Stacked with three patties (and plenty of sauces and vegetables) this burger is free if finished within 12 minutes. 

Sassy's Red House (University of Arkansas)

This is the perfect spot to watch the game and indulge in some southern cooking. To finish the meal, there are desserts varying from the Terri Possum Pie to Granny's Homemade Banana Pudding, making guests feel welcomed into the southern atmosphere. 

What to Order: Philly Cheesesteak with Sweet Potato Tater Tots

The Hound (Auburn University)

Guests will feel right at home with Mama Kate's Meatloaf, Chili Cheese Carolina Slaw dogs, or even the traditional Biscuits N' Gravy. 

What to Order: Chicken Pot Pie, Veggie Burger

Mojo Hogtown Bar-B-Que (University of Florida)

With sides that include collard greens, cole slaw, sweet potato mash, and garlic cheddar grits, it's easy to believe you're in a southern state. This diner is the definition of southern cooking with the variety of platters.

What to Order: Mojo Smokehouse Chicken, Delta Catfish Platter, Mojo Veggie Platter

Last Resort Grill (University of Georgia)

Southern with a twist, this grill can satisfy anybody's taste buds. Really any seafood dish is a must-try.

What to Order: Salmon & Grits, Cornbread Crusted Trout

The Village Idiot (University of Kentucky)

The brunch is definitely a delicious part of the menu, but there are also dinner entrees that will excite your taste buds. The pulled pork barbecue mac and cheese with cornbread crumbles are a southern favorite. 

What to Order: Duck & Waffles, Country Breakfast

Parrain's Seafood Restaurant (Louisiana State University)

This authentic Cajun-style restaurant has seafood served in po'boys, soups, salads, and many more. 

What to Order: The Delacroix, Crawfish Etouffée

Ajax Diner (University of Mississippi)

With food platters such as the Country Fried Steak, this local diner has attracted tourists with their traditional southern cooking. 

What to Order: Pot Roast and Gravy, Chicken and Dumplings, Meatloaf

The Little Dooey (Mississippi State University)

If you like barbecue, then this would suit your needs, or just stop by for some sweet tater fries. Try anything from the menu with barbecue, and you will not be disappointed. 

What to Order: Dooey Club Sandwich, Chicken Tender Po'boy

Murry's (University of Missouri)

Not entirely Southern food, but definitely a Missouri favorite, it's a place to visit when cheering on your favorite Tigers.

What to Order: Tuna Pesto Sandwich, Buffalo Wings

Mr. Friendly's New Southern Cafe (University of South Carolina)

This restaurant has a large variety of food; the menu is always changing. It really is the right friendly place to eat your dinner.

What to Order: Pecan Crab Cakes, Blackened Chicken and Grits, Salmon Croquettes 

The Old Mill (University of Tennessee)

Not only does this restaurant have classic southern food, but the view is located near the Pigeon River. There really is nothing better than a great setting and old-fashioned food.

What to Order: Spare ribs and Sauerkraut, Vegetable Plate, Pecan Pie

Layne's Chicken Fingers (Texas A&M University)

Although this is a small local fast food joint, the fried chicken is the best in the area.

What to Order: Chicken Finger Plate, Chicken Sandwich 

Arnold's Country Kitchen (Vanderbilt University)

This Nashville eatery is the definition of comfort food. The menu changes depending on the day, but there's always the "Meat & 3" special, which includes a choice of meat and three different sides.

What to Order: Fried Chicken, Roast Beef, Chocolate Pie